“Wow! Don't miss it!”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
New Jersey
“Wow! Don't miss it!”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

This little restaurant was recommended to us by our hotel right around the corner. Upon seeing what appeared to be a small shack, I was skeptical about eating there. However, the next morning we were talking with other hotel guests who had been there the previous night and highly recommended it. That made me feel more comfortable about venturing in. We were warned that the restaurant is very small, and there is typically a 1.5 hour wait to get in. However, we were very fortunate that the restaurant was empty when we arrived. We had our choice of any of the ~5 tables, so we selected one by the windows. We both ordered the grilled chicken breast with penne pesto. The entrees come with a choice of coconut rice, or pasta with pesto, garlic & oil, carbonara or alfredo. While we were waiting, the waitress presented us with a small plate of eggplant medallions with a tomato & parmesan topping. The food was outstanding!! This was easily the best meal of our trip. I'm so glad that we didn't miss this gem.
Bring cash because they do not accept credit cards.
The restaurant is moving across the street to a larger space as soon as their permits are approved.

• Visited May 2014

• Finnish first
“Can't miss!”
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

Quaint, inviting place just across the street from the beach. The food was really great and the environment even better. It's a can't miss if you're in the area!

Visited June 2014
Canovanas, null, United States
“Amazing food in great atmosphere!”
Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

I am local so I have been to Pasta y Pueblo 3 times now. I very rarely write reviews, I think this is my second one but this place deserves it. Like all the other reviews say don't be turned away by its appearance from the outside. When you go in the place is decorated with all kinds of memorabilia, beer and wine bottles, surf boards on top among other things and the place invites you to just chill and relax for a while. The food is just outstanding! I've tried the mussels in garlic and white wine sauce (which we were literally using the shells to drink the sauce, it was THAT good), the scallops and tuna, in alfredo and pesto sauce respectively, have been the best scallops and tuna I have ever had with the best alfredo and pesto sauce I have ever tasted. For dessert the last time I went I reluctantly ordered the guava cheesecake since I had heard good things about it, even though I don't like guava much, well I just could not stop eating it, I think that's the best cheesecake I have ever had in my life. They open at 6:00 PM and only have 5 tables which by 6:30 will probably all be full, no biggie, if you are not extremely hungry you can give Jessica (the chef's wife and waitress) your phone number and she will call you when your table is available, meanwhile while you wait I suggest you head over to Boardrider's Surf Bar and Grill which is just one minute walking distance from Pasta y Pueblo right along the beach, and have a beer or two and just relax for a while in the chill atmosphere!

• Visited May 2014
Los Angeles, California
“Yum-Fest”
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

I just had a great meal at this little restaurant. They have five tables (as in... How do they make money with only five tables?) and when we got there (6:30) only two were open. They both filled up fast (granted, we were filling one of them). Point is, you might have to wait to have dinner; other people were. The food is delicious. Not fast. But delicious. My Ahi Tuna and I had a small love affair for about 20 minutes. Prices are reasonable, about $20 an entree. We paid cash, I have no idea if they accept credit cards or not. English language menus came out special for the gringos and our waitress spoke flawless English. This will be great if you're petrified of Spanish... But if you're wanting to "practicar su español" (like me) this will not be the joint to do it in. GO. EAT.

Ogden, Utah
“Better than the kiosks”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

All we heard about leading up to our trip to Luquillo was the kiosks. Don't get me wrong, they were great, but this place was our favorite. It came highly recommended from everyone we talked to.

The place is very small (maybe 5 tables total) and the menu is very simple, but the food is amazing. I got the beef over coconut rice (like I said, simple) and loved it. Both the beef and the rice were superb, and I don't typically even like coconut flavoring.

For dessert, my wife ordered the guava cheesecake. Again, cheesecake is something that I don't typically even like but I tried a bite of my wife's and ended up eating almost the whole thing.

• Visited April 2014