“Who would have thought THAT food came from that shack?”
Review of Pasta y Pueblo

Pasta y Pueblo
Ranked #1 of 82 Restaurants in Luquillo
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Seriously, it looks scary but DON'T leave. Stay and eat! It started with an amuse bouche of grilled zucchini with parmesan and balsamic reduction. Then we had a great fresh salad with passionfruit dressing and great big mussels with a white wine sauce and sweet peas. My husband had scallops that were amazing over penne with garlic oil sauce. I had grilled Mahi mahi(huge portion) over sweet coconut rice and the kids had pasta alfredo and veggies. All of the food is great. It is all made to order and it does take a bit but its definitely worth the wait. The bill was high but the food justified it. They do ONLY take cash so come prepared. This was probably the most surprising meal of our visit. HIGHLY recommend!

1  Thank Crenee1977

Reviewed December 6, 2012

I've had one of the best meals on a evening while being on the east side of Puerto Rico. Classic tropical local spot with amazing beach setting. Try out the coconut curry chicken over garlic & oil pasta, it's a special that's not on the menu yet. Comfortable prices and a place to enjoy.

Dave Bachinsky

Reviewed December 2, 2012

This reastauant does not look like much, but the owners are great people. The food is great. i had the Mahi Mahi on coconut rice 3 times while on vactaion. The second and third time we went the owner recognized us and brought out free appatizers to the table. You can also bring your own wine bottle and when you finish it you sign it and they put it up around the bar.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

This is a must place to eat! Don't let the area, the little shack or the gravel under the table scare you away. I am telling you I have ate at 5 star restrautants all over the world and this place is 6 stars. The owner is a local raised in the neighborhood and man can he cook! I had the best Mussels in white wine sauce I ever devoured! My hubby's Caprese salad had the best Balsamic vinaigrette I have ever tasted...I swear it was chocolate sweet. And the pasta OMG the sauces are awesome. I had red sauce and hubby had garlic and evoo, YUMO! Don't skip this place or you will pass up the best meal you could ever eat.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

The restaurant is a hidden gem. My wife and I both agreed that we had one of the best pasta dishes either of us have ever eaten. The presentation of the dishes was great. The prices were very reasonable when taking into to account the quality of the dishes. Wonderful service as well. We enjoyed the sound of the ocean off in the distance as we enjoyed our dinner and if it weren't so dark we would have seen more than the occasional wave! If you are trying to find it on the GPS then just look for Ocean Blvd. It is west of the Sunrise Beach Inn.