“Wonderful”

Ranked #7 of 82 Restaurants in Luquillo
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

We were staying at the Wyndham Rio Mar in Rio Gande. The Brads Cactus was a quick 15 minute cab ride from our hotel. The restaurant has a quaint little local bar atmosphere. The walls are covered with signs and license plates from everywhere. All the staff was very friendly. I ordered the fajita burrito which was absolutely wonderful! My husband ordered the mofongo just to give the local dish a try. It was not bad by any means but definitely not either of our taste. We really enjoyed the Brads Cactus

There are newer reviews for The Brass Cactus

Reviewed August 17, 2014

It looks like a run down, scary place from the outside, but if you do venture in, you will be pleasantly surprised. The food took a long time to arrive, but this may be due to a larger table ordered their food just before we sat down. We had Chirassco, a Fajita Burrito and a Mahi Mahi salad. Everything was tasty and good. The hot bread was also delicious.

Reviewed August 16, 2014

Good and prompt service. Quality ingredients. Good Atmosphere. Good experience! Menu is basically Chillis, but with MUCH BETTER ingredients.

Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Me and my family visited this place based on good comments we heard before. What a huge disappointment. The ribs and baked potato were cold and waiter said he would use the micro to take care of it. The place smells and looks very rundown. They need a bar rescue ASAP.

1  Thank Aguadilla65
cactusking, Owner at The Brass Cactus, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

We may be old (21 years same location) but never are we rundown! You came in on the morning of tropical storm Bertha, by law we can not have our liquor exposed that is why the back bar was draped without full display (maybe that was your perception of run down it looks like an old house with the furniture covered). We keep our restaurant super clean and have a rigorous cleaning schedule! I challenge anyone to find cleaner bathrooms in Luquillo. I spoke with your server Israel and he was quiet surprised to hear of this review as he said you left "happy". I do apoligize for your food being cold maybe ordering the ribs with the sauce on the side threw the grill man off. No excuse, a few more minutes on the grill and they would have been fine. We sold close to 400 racks in July and did'nt have a single complaint. I've watched this (less than real) reality show and we don't come close to qualifying for an episode, although I would not mind someone pumping 2 or 3 hundred thousand into here!!! As they do on every episode

Reviewed July 19, 2014

I cannot understand the high ratings for this place. I read the reviews and thought it would be a good spot for our family to grab dinner. It was the worst meal we had all week in PR.
We had a horrible experience. Both the food and the service were poor. Just head down the street another mile and go to the kiosks

3  Thank foxct