“Recommended”

Yunke Zipline Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Join us for a unique ecotourism experience hiking, zip lining and rappelling in the foothills of EL Yunque!
Newton, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Recommended”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I was a first time zipliner and had no difficulty or fear on this activity I felt as though the guides were extremely focused on safety, which was a top priority for me. They were also friendly and engaging, and made my son and I feel comfortable. This is a very fun activity for families with older kids/teenagers, and I would definitely recommend for those who are adventurous and want to see/learn a bit about Puerto Rico and its' rainforest. The locatins was convenient to both the Gran Melia Resort, where I stayed, and the Beach at Luquillo, where I spent the rest of the day.

Miami, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Our best day”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

My girlfriend and I recently participated in the morning session on a Saturday. Our guide, Roque and Derek were great. They both spoke English, Roque provided us with a full overview of the zip line procedures and educational experience regarding the surrounding nature which was a selling point for me. I would recommend this trip if you want a little more than just zip lining and would like to see El Yunke in the same day! We rented a car and were able to do the zip lining, eat at the kiosks and hike in El Yunke on the same day. It was our best day of our Puerto Rico Trip. Thanks, Roque and Derek.

Visited May 2012
Madison, Wisconsin
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great tour operators and SO fun”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We loved this(and 2 people in our group are afraid of heights)! Great staff who are knowledgeable, friendly/funny, yet very serious about safety. I was a bit hesitant about meeting in a parking lot to be led to the tour, but once you see the road to get there it makes sense. Great communications through email and voice mail (small operation, so no office staff), including a reminder call the day before to confirm. Make sure you take a small camera, comfortable clothes and shoes for ease/comfort, water, and a back pack to store things in while zip-ing. Amazing aerial views! Cash only operation, so be sure to plan ahead.

Visited March 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fantastic Ziplining; Great Guides”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We chose to go Ziplining on the last day of our trip to Puerto Rico; big mistake-- we should've done this FIRST because the guides who run Yunke Zipline Adventures not only gave us a great ziplining experience, but tons of useful information about Luquillo, San Juan, Arecibo, and all of Puerto Rico.

They make it easy to get there by having you meet at a central location, and then you follow them in (very helpful because my iPhone had no clue). Once there, you sign your forms and get ready for orientation and training. My group enjoyed how they broke down the training-- it was easy to remember and reinforce. Jaime led the training and was great at emphasizing the big points so that we felt safe.

Now it's time for Ziplining-- our whole group was nervous, but to be honest-- it was thrilling and I had the time of my life. You are safe, secure, and in great hands with both Jaime and Roqui. Throughout the training and activity, they helped us learn so much more about the Rainforest and Puerto Rico. They are probably two of the most I intelligent guys I met on my trip, and it was a genuine pleasure to interact with them, even outside of the Ziplining activities. As mentioned before, I was figuratively kicking myself about going Ziplining so late in my vacation because I found out I missed about 3 great things to do in Arecibo, where I was the day before. These guys know their island, the rainforest, and restaurants! But now back to ziplining--

The last zipline is a long one and my favorite part where you ended up on a huge deck in a tree and got the best view of El Yunke. This moment will not disappoint and I wish I could do that last zipline over and over. You will be amazed!

Do yourself a favor-- Go Ziplining-- and do it with Yunke Zipline Adventures. Ask questions about Puerto Rico, get to know the guides, and genuinely have one of the best experiences on the entire island. This activity was great for teens and adults; Rocqui and Jaime are experienced with everyone.

Totally worth it.

Morganville, New Jersey
“Perfect Getaway from City”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Went this weekend to Zipline with my Friend Joe. The tour company was always in great communication with us to ensure we did not get lost. Once we started the adventure, the guides made us feel safe and secure. Equipment looks great and the guides know what there doing. I would bring my kids next time to zipline here. Liked the fact they made us pay after the day was over. Wasn't like some places all they want is your money.

I have done allot of fun stuff in PR since I was a child and this has been the best adventure ever.