“Overall great experience”

Yunke Zipline Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Join us for a unique ecotourism experience hiking, zip lining and rappelling in the foothills of EL Yunque!
San Diego, California
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Overall great experience”
Reviewed July 14, 2011

I had never zip lined before and being a little leery of heights I was a bit unsure. In the end, however, I can tell you I had an awesome experience. You may notice that some reviews here point out that the staff was a bit unfriendly and I could see how they could rub people the wrong way. Understand that these are no nonsense guys and safety is their number one concern. Being that I was doing this for the first time, I had no problem with that. They make it clear that you need to listen to them carefully and not knowing what to expect, I was more than happy to see they were in control. Some may have a problem with their style but not me.

Once you get going the whole tone changes. Rocky took the time to stop and tell us about the local wildlife and rain forest fauna. He's extremely knowledgeable. I noticed that he took the time to talk to each member of our group. Jaime also warmed up to the group and he took the time to make sure you were comfortable.

Overall I had a great time and I'd recommend these guys. Even my son who was really nervous came through with a very positive experience.

Visited July 2011

Philli
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Liked it, but not worth $100”
Reviewed July 8, 2011

I was more excited since I never did ziplines before. This adventure includes ziplining and rappling down the trees. Rappling isnt real rappling since they have the control over how slow or fast you descend from the tree down to the ground. Ziplines were OK. 4 small ones ~200 feet each. The last one is the most amazing ~800 feet with wonderful view of the rain forest. Initially we felt the guides were rude but then later on didn't feel much. The initial hike ~30 minutes is steep and tiring but definitely doable. Only thing to take care of is to wear a shoes with good grip since the hike is very slippery. 1 litre of bottle per person should be enough for he entire trip. you can carry your backpack while you zipline. you will get muddy and dirty so wear clothes accordingly. I would advice knee length shorts with t-shirt. the guides will try and frighten you to set the expectations so that you don't take it lightly. The guides will also give you information about rainforest- its pants and animals . We felt that for the amount that they are charging they should have provided some sort of snacks or lunch. $100 is way to expensive for this. And they accept only cash no credit card. And its not like a company with many people employed or anything. Its just 2 people who live there in forest house and operate this tour. you will see no one else. If you have never ziplined before and you are in Puerto Rico and you have completed all your activities in Puerto Rico and you can spare half a day, then go for it, else skip it.

Visited July 2011
9 Thank PhilliTraveller007
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Rude and unhelpful”
Reviewed June 15, 2011

This may appear to be a fun adventure, and it might be, but the experiences I had to endure with the staff was awful. The staff is rude and would interupt while talking on the phone. I'm
sure the ziplines are fun, but honestly, there are several other places more outgoing and friendly just, if not more amazing than Yunke.

4 Thank Jojohe33
IL
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Not worth the money”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

One of the two guides was very friendly and outgoing. The second guide had little patience and answered questions abruptly. Except for one cable, the distances between the trees were short, so the rides ended too quickly. The cables hung low above the rainforest ground. At one ride, you had to make sure you lifted your legs high enough so your feet wouldn't hit the foliage below.

For some strange reason, men were not allowed to use the indoor bathroom. They had to use the "outdoor" bathroom, which in this case meant finding a tree to pee behind.

Visited May 2011
7 Thank dressyd
Mobile, Alabama
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great Adventure”
Reviewed June 8, 2011

A group of 8 of us went on this tour. Another couple joined us for a total of 10 plus 2 tour guides, Derrick and Jaime. For the first hour or so they spent time teaching technique and safety, which was great. Also you are fitted with your gear. Next you have about a 30 minute hike up the mountain to the first zipline. It was storming when we went so it was very muddy. Shoes with good traction is highly recommended for this tour. The foliage protects you from getting totally soaked but if it is raining on the day you go bring an extra set of clothes and leave in the car. I would also recommend application of bug repellant and a bottle of water. Because it was 10 of us and 2 guides we were split into 2 groups twice. So 6 of us would zipline first and rappel down the tree. We would then wait on the other four to zipline and rappel. This can be a long process on two of the ziplines, but worth the wait. When ziplining I would suggest letting the person taking the pictures go first so they can take everyone else's picture as they zipline.The last zipline was the best in my opinion because of the view. This is an opportunity to get some very good photos. Overall this was a very good tour which I recommend. I can't wait to zipline again now.

Visited May 2011