“Decent food, nice location. Unfriendly staff.”
Review of Guava's - CLOSED

Guava's
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
South Windsor, Connecticut
“Decent food, nice location. Unfriendly staff.”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Convenient to Sandy Hills, decent food. Nice location. This was my fouth time with my family. It was not as good as other times but still better than most restaurants in that area.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank William H

Plainfield, Illinois
“Salsa dancing”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Try the salsa dancing-great fun! The plantain nachos are delicious. The view from the outside upper floor is beautiful!

Visited July 2014
Dorado, Puerto Rico
“Good place,View,Food & Music”
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

First I was Welcome by the ownner Mr. Freddy Crespo a US.Airforce Retired Vet. I personally had a blast the food was good, waiting time excellent me and my family were threated well I recomend Guavas 100%!!!!

2 Thank Estadidad
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good food, good beer, good music”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

We were referred to Guava’s by a departing group that we crossed when arriving at San Juan International. Although we were staying near the airport we had to make our way to visit this restaurant. We combine our visit to “El Yunque” rainforest and decided to find Guava’s. Imagine after walking all day the hunger and thirst was making its presence known. First order of business when we arrived at Guava’s was the famous “Guava beer” that we heard so much from the group at the airport. Not to fruity, just perfect to thwart your thirst and locally brew at Guava’s. How original. After a few brews that set the tone we were ready for the real deal. We skipped the appetizers; we did not want to spoil our appetite. I needed something hardy that could put my yaws in motion. Definitely the churrasco with chimichurri and papaya sauce (I love papaya) was my satisfaction. Cooked to my delight, tender beef with very little extra fat on its side. Papaya sauce was enough to merge and mix with my mofongo side order (have to order mofongo). My wife opted for the chillo fish fillet lightly brown on both sides, lots of flavor. White rice and a side of fried green plantains. Boundless satisfaction while live music was playing. We can wait for our next visit. Special thanks to Fred for his hospitality. Lu & Josephine

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Lu G
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, great view!”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Went there with the wife, was treated very nicely by the staff and the food was excellent. Didnt have to wait too long and the price was reasonable. Will recommend to all!!

• Visited May 2014