“Peaceful Getaway in Ceiba”
Review of Ceiba Country Inn

Ceiba Country Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Ceiba B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 11, 2013

My wife and I had the opportunity to spend a couple nights at the Ceiba Country Inn and had an absolutely amazing time. The Inn is tucked away up in the hills with an excellent view of the ocean and perfect to watch the sunrise. Michael made an excellent breakfast for us every morning with what my wife described as the "best banana she ever had" which had been picked right off of their tree outside. The room we had was very basic but at the same time very spacious with the bed being fairly comfortable. The sound of the coqui frogs at night reminded us that we were in the jungle and was very relaxing. We will absolutely be back again and thank Michael and Pedro for allowing us to stay with them.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Ceiba Country Inn

Reviewed September 6, 2013

This is a simple house with adequate rooms but in an amazing and calm spot in the forest.

Advantages

- Romantic
- Quiet
- Car Park
- 15 min to Fajardo Harbour to go to Vieques or Culebra.
- Close to El Yunque.
- Good place to disconnect.
- The owner was very nice. We had to wake up very early to go to Culebra and he prepared some breakfast to take away the previous night.
- Free wi-fi
- Fridge in the room.

Disadvantages

- No television in the room.
- No swimming pool
- Insects or coquies intense noise.
- You need a car to get there or to go to restaurants.
- The bar closes at 9.
- The owner can't speak Spanish

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank MariaESpain
Michael M, Owner at Ceiba Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2013

Just wanted to thank you for your thoughts and positive response to the Ceiba Country Inn. However, you will soon be able to cross "no pool" off your list of negatives. We are in the process of installing a pool and construction has begun. We hope to have the pool open by Jan/Feb 2014.
Also, although I do not speak fluent Spanish, I do speak enough understand and carry on a basic conversation. Plus there are other staff members here who are bilingual and speak fluent Spanish.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

My husband and I chose the Ceiba Country Inn as our first stop in Puerto Rico. We found the staff to be very helpful and kind. Our room was not anything spectacular, but it suited us. We were able to sleep with the windows open and listen to all of the wonderful jungle noises while we slept. Our only complaint was that people allowed their children to scream while standing under our window at 5am, but that was not the hotel's fault. We could have slept with our windows closed, but decided the loud kids in the mourning were an acceptable trade off. The continental breakfast was decent - about what we expected with cold cereal, yogurt, fresh fruit and fresh fruit juice. There wasn't a lot of variety, but it was nice to be able to start our day off with food in our stomachs! We would especially like to thank Marco for his wonderful dining and attraction recommendations! He always helped us find exactly what we were looking for and we were never disappointment with taking his advice and guidance!
We would definitely stay here again if we go back to Puerto Rico!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed a really relaxing and enjoyable weekend at the Ceiba Country Inn in Ceiba recently. The room, while not fancy, was very clean, comfortable, large, and in excellent condition. We really enjoyed the hospitality of the Marco and Michael, the hosts. They were really helpful and informative about the area's attractions. The continental breakfast we enjoyed was very good, including the variety of bananas (including red bananas) and home-baked breads. The inn was a wonderful jumping-off point to visit El Yunque, Farjardo, Palmer (and it's awesome arts district), and Luquillo. We will go back!

Room Tip: We stayed in room #3.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Ceiba Country Inn for six nights. I really liked the Inn, but I liked their location even better. We rented a car and found that we were very close to almost everything. We kayaked the bioluminescent bay, hiked the rainforest, went light tackle fishing, and did a sail and snorkle all near Fajardo (the next town North of Ceiba). It took about 2.5 hours to get to Arecibo Radio Telescope and the Rio Camuy Caverns. The Inn is about an hour from San Juan and about two hours to Ponce.

The owners, Michael and Pedro, are great. The breakfasts were really fresh, with local fruits, farm fresh eggs, and homemade breads. I loved the scones. I enjoyed chatting with other guests and trying out the recommended restaurants. The views from the patios and terrace are inspiring.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2013

For the last 3 years I've been staying here for my yearly family vacations, and I just booked my 4th for later in the year. The place is clean, quiet and very cozy. The location is ideal if you are looking to get away, and at night is very quiet as well with a great view of the ocean facing east from the hill tops. Which makes for great moments watching the sunrise. Word of caution though: unless you intend to stay there and not go anywhere for your entire stay, you will need a car to get around.That being said, it's close to Luquillo beach and El Yunque, and there is a great seafood restaurant in a small municipal called Naguabo; about 10 minutes away by car. You can get all the information right at the office. It's a little ways from San Juan and should be the prime place to stay for experienced travelers. As I mentioned, I've stayed there 3 times, going for a 4th, and I have family that lives in Puerto Rico. That's how much I love this place.

Room Tip: Rooms 1 & 2 are my favorite because they face east and I catch the sunrise. If you don't li...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This little Inn is just darling. Clean, cute and very comfortable. I would love to visit again. The views east and west are stunning. The grounds are lovely. The owners have several dogs and cats- most rescue animals, I was told. Bravo to the owners for opening their home to both tourists and homeless animals. All the dogs and cats were sweet and well behaved. I felt that there was a sense of respect for the rainforest and all living creatures here. It is a tranquil, fragrant and verdant retreat. Such a treat to be able to stay here. Wonderful way to feel "part" of the rainforest

Room Tip: I like the room we had, which faced the ocean to the east, but honestly, the western views of the su...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank RPM1202
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ceiba
The Fajardo Inn
The Fajardo Inn
#3 of 4 in Fajardo
Luquillo Sunrise Beach Inn
The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico
El Conquistador Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Puerto Rico Golf & Beach Resort
El Hotelito at the Rainforest Experience Farm

Been to Ceiba Country Inn? Share your experiences!