See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 3, 2017

Had to stay their in an emergency and won't ever go their again. Dirty place with insects covering the place. The bedding was questionable I am sure they have been on the bed for years, kitchen cannot be used, it's a zoo for creepy things. The old man who owns the place is just out to make money and no thought for customers. This is on the list of places to stay in treasure beach and those companies advertising this should be held accountable for ruining people's vacation. You cannot enjoy your stay at this place it's disgusting.

Room tip: Do not stay at this place it just a run down hostel
Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Holness1
Reviewed March 9, 2017 via mobile

Treasure Beach is an up and coming venue in Jamaica.
It's less tourists driven but the prices for accommodations do not reflect this therefore don't be fooled by adverts as I was.
Golden Sands is about all the venue can guarantee to get right and that's because they do not control this.
They should be sued for false advertising.
The sleep 6 Family Room was 3 individual rooms within a building with a small eating area upon entrance and to suggest it had a kitchen was an insult. The cupboards and the coverings for the cupboards were hanging off the wall and the fridge was possibly growing penicillin.
The other rooms lacked the utilities suggested ie functioning cooker tops/fridges/kettle and toasters.
Bring your own towels as these are definitely left by other visitors.
So if your backpacking and have money to waste be my guest and check it out, otherwise be prepared for anything.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
5  Thank Junie F
Reviewed December 30, 2016 via mobile

Book somewhere else in advance if you can. I got into town without a reservation and ended up here - the location is fabulous, but $120/night for the room I got was outrageously expensive.

When I arrived there was no loo roll, and no way for me to find staff to ask for it. Also there was a mat covering floor tiles in the room, and I lifted it to uncover a creaky drain (on the first floor).

The A/C remote didn't work. There was no tv. The room wasn't the cleanest. And no-one came in to clean it during my stay.

Date of stay: December 2016
5  Thank Natalie S
Reviewed November 22, 2015

We've stayed here every winter for more than ten years. It's had its ups and downs, but you can't beat the location -- right on the water. Walk easily to everywhere else in this part of Treasure Beach, great food, friendly people, safe community. Absolutely no frills, but the real deal.

Date of stay: February 2015
1  Thank Van Z
Reviewed January 23, 2015 via mobile

We arrived and the reservation I made for 4 nights was unknown by the owner/management not sure who he was exactly. My bf and I were given a small room with 2 single beds, a fan and bathroom with shower in the "first house". 40$/ night US, relatively cheap but had to push the beds together, people could sit literally outside the window above the head board and the worst part was realizing there was no plug ins anywhere in the room to even charge my phone! We were moved the next day to an $80/night room which was in an excellent location steps from the sea in a separate building. Shared kitchen outside one door and veranda in the front shared by 3 rooms, the sound of the sea redeemed my opinion of never staying here again. I would advise anyone staying here to confirm just before to ensure ur reserved

Date of stay: January 2015