“The treasure in Treasure Beach”

Marblue Villa Suites
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Treasure Beach
Vernon, B.C.
“The treasure in Treasure Beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2011

What an awesome way to spend a week of total luxurious relaxation. Food was to die for-Axel, you rock! Andrea couldn't do enough for us-she arranged a medical visit for my husband - and was always available to answer questions about the area and activities to do. You could see Andrea's personal touches everywhere....from nicely decorated rooms to fresh flowers on our table @ Breakfast. Andrea and Axel made us feel part of the Family. We loved the Treasure Beach area and all that it offered....the more laid back life of Jamaica. We have come back rejuvenated and cannot wait to visit Jamaica and Marblue again. Thanks to Axel and Andrea for a very special, absolutely wonderful week! We highly recommend Marblue.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2011

My husband and I recently stayed 4 days at Marblue. We had the most relaxing and romantic time. Andrea and Axel are wonderful hosts. Axel is a 5 star chef and his food was amazing!!! I simply can not say enough about the food. You can tastes Axel's passion in his cooking. Everything was fresh and delicious and the open air restaurant was very charming. Our room was the best in the villa with our very own plunge pool!! I loved the open air living area and the decor was cute and very clean. Their staff was very helpful and professional. Like other reviews have stated, every morning Taboo the inkeepers dog greeted us and was eager to follow us on our walk down to Jake's or Jack Sprats. Both Jake's and Jack Sprats are about a 10 min walk and both are a fun place to eat lunch. The drinks at Jack Sprats were very yummy. The location of Marblue is perfect. Just a 3 min walk down the beach and you will find a nice place to swim. There isnt beach access in front of the villa but my husband and I loved our morning walks looking at all the sea life that was crawling and swimming around in the tide pools. We only took one boat ride with Captain Joesph (which Axel helped to arrange) to the Pelican Bar. This place is a must see! Book with Captain Joesph, he was a wonderful boat Captain.
I guess my only complaint is that we would have loved to have a coffee pot in our room. We wake early and had to wait for the restaurant to open before we could have that first cup of joe. I would have also loved to have a mini bar in our room. But even with these minor complaints we enjoyed our stay.
Marblue is a superb place to stay with excellent hosts and a reasonable price and we can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2011

We recently returned from an amazing 5-night stay at Marblue in Treasure Beach, Jamaica. Nothing but the highest praise for Andrea and Axel and their beautiful hotel.
We stayed in an upstairs suite. Our suite was spacious, comfortable, and clean. The suite was furnished with an eclectic mix of contemporary furniture, local art, and luxurious linens. We enjoyed relaxing by the fresh water pools and walking on the beach. The property is very quiet, private, and relaxing.
The restaurant on-site is first rate. You couldn't ask for a more beautiful place to enjoy meals in Treasure Beach. Our room rate included breakfast. We were met every morning by Taboo, the hotel's friendly dog, who led us from our room to the restaurant. Breakfast includes local coffee, fresh juice, and breakfast cooked to order. We also ate dinner at the restaurant 4 out of 5 nights. Axel is an amazing cook: He uses local, fresh ingredients; he was able to accomodate our dietary needs; and made amazing meals every time.

We rented a small SUV and drove from Montego Bay. Driving in Jamaica is not for the faint of heart: The roads are narrow and not very well maintained. However, having a vehicle allowed us to explore the area including a day trip to the Appleton Rum Distillery.

It seems like a lot of people who are considering visiting the Treasure Beach area have to decide between Jakes and Marblue. Marblue is 10 minute walk to Jake's. We spent some time at Jake's place and enjoyed the people we met there as well. We ate lunch at either Jack Sprats or Jake's most days. My spouse enjoyed a manicure and pedicure at the Driftwood Spa on the Jake's property. I enjoyed the drink's mixed in Dougie's bar. You probably can't go wrong with either place but Marblue really seemed to fit with our goal of relaxation and privacy.

If you are looking at an all-inclusive Sandal's-type resort, Visiting Treasure Beach may not be for you. TB allows for the true Jamaican experience with interaction with the locals, amazing local food, and quiet relaxation. We are already planning our next trip to Marblue!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2010

Where can you hear and view waves gently caressing rocks of different sizes?
Where can you wake up and walk out to the bluest inviting sea?
Where can you feel completely at home away from home?
Where can you taste the sense of calmness and freedom as you rock away in multicolor hammock?
Where will you meet the friendliest hoteliers, staffs and playful dog?
Most importantly where can you see the undulating fins of dolphins frolicking while eating breakfast?
Inviting you to MARBLUE: a gem on the south coast of the most beautiful island Jamaica.
Gregroy, Shannon, Schnieder and Myself spend a few days at Marblue and of course was extremely sad to leave. The place is amazing and we will definitely come back. Thanks Andrea and Alex. Your staff especially Claudia was very kind.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2010

We stayed at Mar Blue for a week in March 2010 with my two young children. The place is very very nice. The entire treasure beach area has laid back feel to it. There is no rush to get anywhere, be anywhere and the atmosphere at mar blue mirrors that. From the time we checked in we felt at home. We were greeted at the entrance by the hostess and it felt more like were visiting a friend's home rather than a hotel. She is warm and welcoming and very helpful in answering all our questions and very accommodating towards our children.

We stayed in one of the suite on the ground floor, near the second pool. The bed was large and comfortable, the a/c worked great and it was nice to have th room outside. What impressed us most was all the personal touches - real flowers, real artwork, eclectic choice of books and amazing wood furniture. She had clearly taken a lot of care to ensure we had a comfortable stay, there was a fridge in our room as we had requested, a twin bed and a baby's cot. They don't room service as such but at many occasions, she made coffee for us and brought it to our room or if we order wine, they sent it over. Overall, very attentive, without being intrusive. It felt like....home.

The place was kept spotlessly clean, the rooms, the pool everything and we had no complain. The beach outside Mar Blue is very rocky and not really great for swimming but thats true for most of the beaches in treasure beach. Plus there aren't any umbrellas and it gets hot! We went for walks on the beach and then hung out at the pool.

The only suggestion (esp for someone with kids) is that Mar Blue is a little bit of walk away from the main town so unless you want to eat all your meals at Mar Blue, which has a nice but expensive restaurant, be prepared to walk (abt 10 mins) which was a lot with two kids in the hot sun. There are many great restaurants in TB and while the food at Mar Blue is good, it is pricey to eat all meals there. I'd suggest trying mar blue a few times but do try some of the other local restaurants as well.

We did walk a few times to town but then ended up contacting one of the local drivers (Raany - {--}) to drive us around town and for day trips which turned out to be a great idea. (just an aside - Raany was fantastic, very reliable and trustworthy and we ended up saving a lot going with him rather than treasure tours. He made all the difference in the trip for us - he was warm and dependable and always smiling. I'd highly recommend him for day trips and airport pickup for your time in Treasure Beach.)

We had a very relaxing time in treasure beach and staying at Mar Blue and having Ranny as out driver was a big part of it. I'd definitely like to return to Mar Blue and stay there again! Highly recommended!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Central Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2010

I spent 4 nights at Mar Blue this past April. It was my second stay there, the first was in 2003. Since that time the veranda suites were added, and a second pool, but the friendliness, service and very high standards of the rooms were as I remembered from my previous stay. Axel and Andrea are thoughtful hosts who really went out of their way to make my stay perfect.

Mar Blue is a five star boutique hotel. The king size bed is beautifully with high thread count cotton sheets, the AC is powerful and remotely controlled, the rooms are outfitted with every possible need or want - shampoo, conditioner, bathrobes, extra towels. There are two swimming pools, a lounge with wi-fi, gardens and patio areas, a beautifully decorated restaurant and bar, secure parking and a wide beach area.

I had a second level veranda suite which has a large bedroom with king size bed, bathroom with large shower and large living area open to the veranda. The view out was breathtaking - to the sea with one of the two pools below.

Breakfast is included here and it is made to order - fruit, toast and whatever eggs or omelet I liked, or ackee and saltfish. My own pot of coffee, juice.

I also ate most dinners here and these were some of the best meals I have had anywhere. Kingfish and shrimp in cream sauce, lamb medallions cooked perfectly, this is European cuisine fused with fresh Jamaican ingredients and spices. Every meal was amazing, service was attentive - both from the staff and from the owners (one of whom is the head chef).

After dinner I usually joined the group at the bar for an aperitif and friendly conversation. I could have had all the privacy in the world if I chose - there are a lot of places to be alone here - but I usually chose to enjoy the company of my owner/hosts and other dinner guests.

The beach directly in front of Mar Blue is lovely for walking with pools that vary with the tides, and it is centrally located between Calabash and Frenchmans bays at Olde Wharf. There is a quiet sandy bay just to the left that is lovely for swimming. It is possible to walk a long way on sand, and the fishing beach is just around the corner.

There are lots of places to eat and hang out if you can tear yourself away from Axel's cooking, and boats to Pelican Bar, Black River and Little Ochi can pick you up just a few yards from the beach gate.

7 years later, Mar Blue has only gotten better.

Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ohliz
San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2010

My husband and I stayed at Marblue 2 years ago while on vacation, and decided to visit again to have our wedding there. I spent months leading up to the wedding emailing with Axel & Andrea on all the activities/food/parties, and they were so helpful, accommodating and had wonderful ideas to make our celebration unique and special. Our wedding group (about 20 people) and my husband & I, all had an incredible vacation. The food was excellent (as always), the rooms clean and stylish, and the staff very helpful and friendly. We are looking to our next visit to Jamaica and Marblue!

• Stayed April 2010
#1 of 16 in Port Antonio
Jakes Hotel, Villas & Spa
Jakes Hotel, Villas & Spa
#1 of 5 in Treasure Beach

Been to Marblue Villa Suites? Share your experiences!