We recently returned from an amazing 5-night stay at Marblue in Treasure Beach, Jamaica. Nothing but the highest praise for Andrea and Axel and their beautiful hotel.
We stayed in an upstairs suite. Our suite was spacious, comfortable, and clean. The suite was furnished with an eclectic mix of contemporary furniture, local art, and luxurious linens. We enjoyed relaxing by the fresh water pools and walking on the beach. The property is very quiet, private, and relaxing.
The restaurant on-site is first rate. You couldn't ask for a more beautiful place to enjoy meals in Treasure Beach. Our room rate included breakfast. We were met every morning by Taboo, the hotel's friendly dog, who led us from our room to the restaurant. Breakfast includes local coffee, fresh juice, and breakfast cooked to order. We also ate dinner at the restaurant 4 out of 5 nights. Axel is an amazing cook: He uses local, fresh ingredients; he was able to accomodate our dietary needs; and made amazing meals every time.
We rented a small SUV and drove from Montego Bay. Driving in Jamaica is not for the faint of heart: The roads are narrow and not very well maintained. However, having a vehicle allowed us to explore the area including a day trip to the Appleton Rum Distillery.
It seems like a lot of people who are considering visiting the Treasure Beach area have to decide between Jakes and Marblue. Marblue is 10 minute walk to Jake's. We spent some time at Jake's place and enjoyed the people we met there as well. We ate lunch at either Jack Sprats or Jake's most days. My spouse enjoyed a manicure and pedicure at the Driftwood Spa on the Jake's property. I enjoyed the drink's mixed in Dougie's bar. You probably can't go wrong with either place but Marblue really seemed to fit with our goal of relaxation and privacy.
If you are looking at an all-inclusive Sandal's-type resort, Visiting Treasure Beach may not be for you. TB allows for the true Jamaican experience with interaction with the locals, amazing local food, and quiet relaxation. We are already planning our next trip to Marblue!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- MARBLUE villa Suites " do more what makes you happy!" You actually have a micro/mini villa/suite for yourself and your significant other,relax with the sound of the Sea ,a Pool, Garden and the Beach of Old Wharf, which is the quiet Stretch of Calabash Bay in Treasure Beach. 5 Suites are 650 square feet big , where the open living Room let in the breeze , where the closed Bedroom let you relax on a King Size Bed with A/C, 1 Suite is even bigger , and can host a family of four or 4 friends coming to enjoy the tranquility of the area.All Suites are equipped with fridge, Toaster & Coffee Maker or Tea Kettle, be self contained in your Kitchen or a kitchen-nette.And the ones who dont- can heat up their Jamaican experience in the new Mango Tango Kitchen-nette. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Marblue Villa Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marblue Villa Hotel Treasure Beach
- Marblue Hotel St Elizabeth
- Marblue Resort St Elizabeth
- Marblue Villa Suites Jamaica/Treasure Beach