I spent 4 nights at Mar Blue this past April. It was my second stay there, the first was in 2003. Since that time the veranda suites were added, and a second pool, but the friendliness, service and very high standards of the rooms were as I remembered from my previous stay. Axel and Andrea are thoughtful hosts who really went out of their way to make my stay perfect.
Mar Blue is a five star boutique hotel. The king size bed is beautifully with high thread count cotton sheets, the AC is powerful and remotely controlled, the rooms are outfitted with every possible need or want - shampoo, conditioner, bathrobes, extra towels. There are two swimming pools, a lounge with wi-fi, gardens and patio areas, a beautifully decorated restaurant and bar, secure parking and a wide beach area.
I had a second level veranda suite which has a large bedroom with king size bed, bathroom with large shower and large living area open to the veranda. The view out was breathtaking - to the sea with one of the two pools below.
Breakfast is included here and it is made to order - fruit, toast and whatever eggs or omelet I liked, or ackee and saltfish. My own pot of coffee, juice.
I also ate most dinners here and these were some of the best meals I have had anywhere. Kingfish and shrimp in cream sauce, lamb medallions cooked perfectly, this is European cuisine fused with fresh Jamaican ingredients and spices. Every meal was amazing, service was attentive - both from the staff and from the owners (one of whom is the head chef).
After dinner I usually joined the group at the bar for an aperitif and friendly conversation. I could have had all the privacy in the world if I chose - there are a lot of places to be alone here - but I usually chose to enjoy the company of my owner/hosts and other dinner guests.
The beach directly in front of Mar Blue is lovely for walking with pools that vary with the tides, and it is centrally located between Calabash and Frenchmans bays at Olde Wharf. There is a quiet sandy bay just to the left that is lovely for swimming. It is possible to walk a long way on sand, and the fishing beach is just around the corner.
There are lots of places to eat and hang out if you can tear yourself away from Axel's cooking, and boats to Pelican Bar, Black River and Little Ochi can pick you up just a few yards from the beach gate.
7 years later, Mar Blue has only gotten better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- MARBLUE villa Suites " do more what makes you happy!" You actually have a micro/mini villa/suite for yourself and your significant other,relax with the sound of the Sea ,a Pool, Garden and the Beach of Old Wharf, which is the quiet Stretch of Calabash Bay in Treasure Beach. 5 Suites are 650 square feet big , where the open living Room let in the breeze , where the closed Bedroom let you relax on a King Size Bed with A/C, 1 Suite is even bigger , and can host a family of four or 4 friends coming to enjoy the tranquility of the area.All Suites are equipped with fridge, Toaster & Coffee Maker or Tea Kettle, be self contained in your Kitchen or a kitchen-nette.And the ones who dont- can heat up their Jamaican experience in the new Mango Tango Kitchen-nette. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Marblue Villa Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marblue Villa Hotel Treasure Beach
- Marblue Hotel St Elizabeth
- Marblue Resort St Elizabeth
- Marblue Villa Suites Jamaica/Treasure Beach