I've stayed here twice before and loved it, but always solo or as part of a couple. This time we rented the entire verandah suites building as a private staffed villa. Mar Blue is luxurious but unpretentious, comfortable and spacious, thoughtfully designed and built by the owners who split their time between the US and Treasure Beach. Our group of 7 took 5 bedroom suites and there were two more that we did not use.
I've rented villas in Jamaica before and this was like the best of all worlds - we had a common living area, dining area, pool, etc but each room also had a lovely bedroom, bathroom and sitting area of its own, so we could be as social or private as we wished.
We were very well taken care of by the professional staff: Rhema, Pierce, Dahlia, Gloria and Natty. We were served breakfast and dinner each day at our outdoor dining table. We enjoyed breakfasts of ackee and saltfish, eggs, toast, many kinds of fresh fruit, mackerel rundown, callaloo omelets, fresh coffee. Our dinners included curry shrimp, jerk chicken, garlic lobster and shrimp, grilled lobster, curry chicken and always root vegetables like yam and Irish potato and dasheen, with veggies like callaloo and salad and cabbage and carrots and such. We all enjoyed every meal immensely.
We also had rum, red stripe, Ting, lots of juice, snacks, coffee. We sent money down for the first few day's shopping and then our chef took a small group of us to the market with her to finish. The grocery bill with drinks and all was about $160 per person for the week. We ate dinner out once.
The location of Mar Blue is perfect. It's in the Old Wharf area of Treasure Beach. It has a beach in front but that's more for walking and inspecting tide pools. There are two very nice swimming beaches close by - Calabash Bay a minute's walk and Old Wharf, maybe 4 minutes walk. Both are calm and sandy and lovely.
In under 10 minutes we walked to all of the bars, restaurants and such in Calabash and Frenchmans - Jake's, Jack Sprat, the new Treasure Beach Sports Park, South Jammin', Wild Onion. The roads are quiet and easy to walk on, there is little traffic. A scooter or car is not required at all, though we enjoyed our scooters for trips out and about on a couple of days.
For a group, the verandah suites rented as a villa are a terrific bargain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- MARBLUE villa Suites " do more what makes you happy!" You actually have a micro/mini villa/suite for yourself and your significant other,relax with the sound of the Sea ,a Pool, Garden and the Beach of Old Wharf, which is the quiet Stretch of Calabash Bay in Treasure Beach. 5 Suites are 650 square feet big , where the open living Room let in the breeze , where the closed Bedroom let you relax on a King Size Bed with A/C, 1 Suite is even bigger , and can host a family of four or 4 friends coming to enjoy the tranquility of the area.All Suites are equipped with fridge, Toaster & Coffee Maker or Tea Kettle, be self contained in your Kitchen or a kitchen-nette.And the ones who dont- can heat up their Jamaican experience in the new Mango Tango Kitchen-nette. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Marblue Villa Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marblue Villa Hotel Treasure Beach
- Marblue Hotel St Elizabeth
- Marblue Resort St Elizabeth
- Marblue Villa Suites Jamaica/Treasure Beach