All reviews communal kitchen friendly hosts thoughtful details outdoor shower mellow yellow spent one night relaxing place pelican bar get away over christmas mosquito net a true jamaican experience hear the waves crashing own meals worth the trip black sand relaxing stay
Reviewed January 15, 2017

If you are a woman travelling alone - this is the place for you! I was here in early 2016, feeling very low and vulnerable - and the care and love that was shown to me at this resort has stayed with me ever since. It was my first time travelling alone, and I was full of anxiety - but everyone was so patient and kind, I was relaxed in no time.

Peaceful mornings by the beach, a cosy king sized bed inside a tent, staff that could not help enough, trips to Accompong town with my own personal guide. A short walk down the beach there was a little hut where someone would cook you fresh fish they had caught that morning, a 15minute walk from the best saltfish on the island. The perfect balance of solitude, and caring people who wanted to talk to you, feed you, and care for you.

It's the closest to paradise I've ever come.

Room tip: The tents are so lush! Do it!
Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank SelinaT198
Reviewed November 9, 2016 via mobile

Beautiful place at the remote and quiet treasure beach. It has private access to the beach. The main gate and gate to the beach were provided with a lock, which gave us a secure feeling. Although this was not particular necessary since the atmasphere around treasure beach is very relaxed and safe. We stayed in a beautiful private hut with seaview. The manager was very friendly. The only thing lacking will be a swimmingpool, although this won't be a must as this place is located right at the beach! Pleasant stay!

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 2, 2016

extended business trip turned into a real Jamaica experience! Very nice beach side location. less tourist infrastructure nearby, but this was OK and I preferred it compared with other tourist locations on Jamaica. Had a nice trip to Floyd's pelican bar!

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed October 22, 2016

We found this place by happenstance and took a chance. Well it turned out to be a great decision. You know those picturesque photos of isolated beaches in a beautiful paradise with no other tourists, this is one of those places!! We could walk to a number of different restaurants nearby that were cheap and delicious. Simon, the owner/manager, is incredibly friendly and helpful. He greeted us right when we got there and led us to our rooms. He was available whenever we needed him and provided all the Jamaican necessities like Coffee and Bananas. The rooms were cleaned and rustic. We stayed in one of the cabins on the beach and it was incredible. Be prepared for an outdoor bathroom, but showering in the rain after a long day in the hot sun was one of our best memories from the trip. We only got to spend two nights there, but we are already planning a return trip!

Room tip: Be adventurous and go with a cabin on the beach!
Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2016 via mobile

Loved this place. If you are into cottages and rustic decor this is the place for you. The environs were well kept and the people were quite friendly. It was right by the beach which was lovely as i could hear the ocean waves while I slept. Very close to local shops and the famous Jakes and Jack Sprat!

Date of stay: September 2016