“Relaxed And Special.”
Review of Pelican Bar

Pelican Bar
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: #1 ranking in several Lonely Planet categories! In many YouTube videos also
Reviewed November 23, 2012

A Unique Venue for no more that 20 people at one time.
This Place is a Ocean Haven, a Shack on Stilts, a bar with everything you want it to be Where you can Chill out and Maybe eat amazing food if there is any left. :)

There are newer reviews for Pelican Bar

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Really enjoyed it here, the atmosphere was amazing and I met some lovely people. The bar man was extremely pleasant and helpful giving me numbers of taxi's to Negril! Cold red stripe and a dip in the sea, for me this was worth it just for the ambiance

Reviewed October 6, 2012

This was an all round amazing experience. I had read an article in Guardian Travel years before and this was one of their Top Ten Bars in the World. We are regular visitors to Treasure Beach and kept "not getting round to going". We walked along the beach to get the boat. The guys who took us out there were great. They advised to go early as it can get busy later. The journey was stunning - surrounded by dolphins most of the way! The weather had been stormy and so the only disappointment was that the sea around Pelican Bar was not clear. We had beers and lunch - some of us had fish and some lobster - which was one of the best meals of my holiday. Just a unique fabulous experience that I would recommend to anyone. Don't miss it!

1  Thank arieo
Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

Pelican bar has always been on my to do list! and finally in May 2012 I made it happen! St Elizabeth is incredible, yes I am biased as my family reside there but it truly is special! So the Pelican bar didn't disappoint! Set in Parotee, myself and my family who named the trip "Jamaicans on vacation!" set off mid afternoon to Basils bar, here we hired a boat to take us across, I was so excited as I boarded our boat, my friend was allowed to navigate the boat.I laughed as we rocked side by side and told him to ease up! It took around 10 minutes to reach the bar, it was very busy with lots of pre arranged tours. The bar is quiet small so it did feel abit confined, none the less the vibes of the music and the craftsman craving names into the bamboo was enough to capture my attention! You can walk outside the bar onto a boardwalk and really take in the sights! as the different blues mix in with the sky it was well worth the trip. Inside i was disappointed at the price of the drinks very expensive for a couple of beers and a rum! but it is aimed at tourists and the price is in US dollars. I would recommend arranging the trip yourself there were 6 adults and it cost $4000 JA dollars we did get a discount but this is still good. I will be back to see if our names are still on the Bamboo!!

Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

Very good place to visit! If for pelican bar you mean 'bar' it doesn't fit the reality. That's a shack in the ocean, but with good wheatear it must be awesome.

The trip to get it is not very safe