“great food”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Frenchman's Reef

Frenchman's Reef
Cuisines: Caribbean, Bar, Jamaican, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Scenic view, Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Right on the Frenchman's Beach in Treasure Beach is a Beaautiful restaurant, lounge, and gazebo thats serves, burger, pizza and just about anything you want to eat. You will also find regular Jamaican food, thats if we can call Jamaican Food regular. The owner is the son of the people that own The Golden Sands Guest house, and its right next door.
canada
“great food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

this place has great location in an awesome are nice beach out front . right in the middle of town . great menu . good prices . jerk chicken is very good . red stripe is cold and good selection of drinks . but the service is slow at best . I know we are in Jamaica . but you can have faster service 2 hour dinners is not acceptable

• Visited February 2013

Dudley, United Kingdom
“Beach side beautiful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Used Frenchman's over a 2 week stay, Red Stripe all ways nice and cold, a bit cheaper than other open places, food was good, jerk chicken is very tasty, and very good value, also the chicken curry nice & tasty, had the spicy version, but have to say after tasting spicy curry in India, they do need to spice it up a bit. Both my girl friend and I enjoyed the time spent there. Nice place for a drink or food, inside or out to eat, with over the wall beach & sea. Will definitely use again when I return to Jamaica in the future.

• Visited October 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It did not live up to expectation!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

Me and my girlfriend are locals and we decided to spend a weekend in treasure Beach. Whilst there we had our daily lunches at Diners Delight (which serves excellent local dishes at affordable prices). On the final day we decided that we wanted to have a special lunch at Frenchman's Reef which was recommended to us by a friend. We entered the establishment and was greeted by our waitress who was dressed in a shabby manner. I ordered escoveitch fish with fried bammy and my girlfriend ordered the grilled slice fish. When my order came I saw two medium sized snappers in the plate.I am used to escoveitch fish with onions and scotch bonnet peppers. However what I received was onions, carrot strips with grounded pepper cooked down. When I tasted the smaller of the two it tasted stale and I brought it to the attention of the waitress, who said "I don't know the reason". I put the stale fish a side and tried my best to continue eating my meal. My girlfriend received two sliced grilled fish both of which still had a good amount of scales on it. At the end of our meals I enquired of the waitress what were the chef's response when he was told of the stale fish. She said that " him just shake him head and say him no know how the fish taste so. I am extremely dissappointed.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank gm_chambers
Lexington, Kentucky
“Great location and good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

The food is very good. Local fresh caught seafood and reasonable prices. The location is what makes the property. Laid back, chill place.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Dr Gary B
Toronto, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

Went here for two dinners in a row! We came in a group of about 6 of us but still received great service. The Jerk chicken is tasty, as are the seafood options.

Visited February 2013