Having visited Jamaica over 30 times since 1975 I was looking for a great spot for my 25th Wedding Anniversary in April 2012. My wife and I had honeymooned in Negril in 1997 but since that time Negril has grown too big and busy for us. After much searching for the right spot I came across Cory South at Sunset Resort & Villas. Having visited Treasure Beach back in 1981 I remembered it as a quiet fishing village. After corresponding with Cory we decided to stay with him during our visit to TB. We stayed in Sunset Dream 1 cottage which was exactly what we were looking for. It includes a huge bedroom, a full kitchen, modest bathroom and a beautiful porch / veranda overlooking the Caribbean Sea. From the minute we arrived until we left we were treated with the kindness and respect that we were hoping for. On the 25th, our Anniversary Cory's wife Janette set up a special dinner table by the pool by the main building and we enjoyed an unbelievably beautiful sunset while we dined on a superb fresh caught fish dinner. The food at the Sunset Resort was exceptional with an included breakfast consisting of either fresh Jamaican fruit or French Toast. The Jamaican Coffee was a delight in itself. The pool was always clean and very refreshing and it was great to take a dip in the morning or after a long walk on the lengthy beach only a few steps from the Resort. The entire staff at Sunset Resort & Villas treated us as family and we always felt safe and secure there. Sunset Dream 1 is located a few yards from the main hotel area and is a stone's throw from the sea. At night the waves splashing on the beach was soothing and peaceful and ensured a great night sleep. One day I went deep sea fishing with Talla, a local fishing guide. We caught a total of 19 fish including Kingfish, Tuna, Barracuda, and Dolphin (the fish not the mammal). Having been fishing in other parts of Jamaica and Florida and coming up empty handed this was a blast. The best part being that we enjoyed the Dolphin that night prepared by Joyce and Lola in the Sunset Resort kitchen. I also visited the Appleton Estate Rum Factory only a short ride from Treasure Beach, where I was lucky enough to meet with Joy Spence the Master Blender at Appleton Estate. There are many fun things to do at TB and the surrounding areas. Needless to say it was difficult saying goodbye after our 7 day stay but as they say all good things must come to an end. A year later (today) I look back on our trip and only wish we were spending our 26th Anniversary (tomorrow) with Cory & Family. If Jamaica is where you are going then Sunset Resort should be your destination. You won't be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunset Resort & Villas is "a little piece of Heaven", located on the boarder of Calabash Bay and Frenchman Bay; in Treasure Beach, ST. Elizabeth. This beautiful Resort & Villa is equipped with 14 bedrooms, a/c, cable TV, Wi-Fi, a swimming pool, and, a bar & restaurant. Sunset Resort is a step off the golden sand beach of Calabash Bay. To plan the holiday of your dreams, a wedding, or a fishing excursion please feel free to contact the warm and welcoming staff at Sunset Resort and Villas for more information. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Sunset Resort & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Resort Villa Hotel Treasure Beach
- Sunset Hotel Jamaica
- Sunset Resort Jamaica
- Sunset Resort & Villas Jamaica/Treasure Beach