You can see that the Treasure beach Hotel was once probably a nice hotel but it is now very tired looking and desperately needs to be refurbished.
There are two pools neither of which were that clean but were usable – there is also a hot tub but it was not in use.
The beach on Treasure beach is great, no hustle no bustle, you literally have the beach to yourself which I loved. Real pity they have no loungers though. I would not recommend for young children as the sea is very choppy – probably good for surfers. The water is crystal clear with no seaweed ( i hate standing on the stuff).
Our rooms had a garden view and most days there was a lack of water for a period.
Food here was very expensive so we eat out most nights – Jakes and Jack Sprats just up the road are really food – also we eat at Winsome’s on the beach, her place is not as posh as Jakes or Jack Sprat but her food is good and she is a really nice lady.
You really need a car when staying here but be careful driving around as the roads are very bad (lots of pot holes) and most of the local drivers who are more familiar with the road drive fast – the limit is 50km per hour. People blow their horns a lots out here which I really did not understand, however it was explained to me that they blow to warn people that they are approaching especially where there are blind corners
I have been coming to Jamaica now on a regular basis for over 10 years mainly staying in Negril, Ochi or Montego and would highly recommend this area. It’s peaceful, the people are lovely and you feel very safe. During my entire stay I was not approached by anyone trying to sell me anything or ask me for anything. I definitely would come back to Treasure beach.
I really enjoyed my time a Treasure beach – the staff at the hotel went out of their way to look after us and try and resolve any problems. I think however the management need to spend some money on the hotel which really could be a lovely place. I visited Jakes just up the road (they were full) and i would say that Treasure Beach has the potential to be a far better hotel but it lacks good management and desperately need to be refurbished. There only saving grace right now really is that they have good and loyal staff.
I would like to thank all the staff at Treasure beach for making our stay a pleasant one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quiet, eco-friendly thirty-two room beachfront resort, with lush vegetation and dotted with Sabal palm trees. A bird watching paradise. Situated on an elevation overlooking the Blue Caribbean sea. Wedding, honeymoon and small meeting packages available on request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Treasure Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Treasure Beach St Elizabeth
- Treasure Beach Hotel Jamaica