We arrived in Jamaica for March break, 2013 and were delighted with this non-touristy southern coastal town about a two hour drive from Montego Bay Airport. Pete, our driver, can be chartered for airport pick-up or daily tours of the area. Call him at 876-839-3591 or 876-450-4742 for very reliable service. Treasue Beach Hotel was comfortable but not luxurious and we enjoyed a very deserted ocean beach ocean where the water was very warm. We had two swimming pools to ourselves for most of the week. The weather was in the high 20s and we appreciated the air conditioning in our room. Treasure Beach is a rural village and we met many friendly local Jamaicans on our stay. You can eat delicious local fare with emphasis on seafood at many price ranges and we enjoyed them all. Best of all is the lack of crowds as in Negril and Montego Bay. Many travellers commented on how Treasure Beach is the "REAL" Jamaica. Be sure to bring Jamaican money as many local vendors do not accpt US$ or CDN$. Great vacation for reading and relaxing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quiet, eco-friendly thirty-two room beachfront resort, with lush vegetation and dotted with Sabal palm trees. A bird watching paradise. Situated on an elevation overlooking the Blue Caribbean sea. Wedding, honeymoon and small meeting packages available on request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Treasure Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Treasure Beach St Elizabeth
- Treasure Beach Hotel Jamaica