We stayed at the Treasure Beach Hotel in early February 2011. Our visit to Jamaica included time in Negril also, but if you want an experience that feels original and down-to-earth and so much less tourist-y, go to Treasure Beach. It's like being in a small town in the country. We absolutely loved it. The hotel arranged to have Pete pick us up at the airport and drive us across the interior of the island to TBH. There are 4 rooms to a cottage...2 up and 2 down. The rooms are very large. Not luxurious but simple and clean. I recommend asking for a room on the second floor so you can enjoy the view of the ocean from the porch. Swimming was limited becasue of the strong under-tow here but we had great fun in the waves close to shore. Often we were the only people on the beach. There's very little shade on the beach but we found small places selling cold drinks where we could sit and cool off. The hotel as 2 pools and, again, we often had them to ourselves. Maybe we just happened to come at a quiet time. But we loved it. We had no car and didn't miss it. We walked up and down the road from Smurfs to Jakes, eating at a different place for every meal. There's not much for entertainment but you get closer to people. The ladies walking home from church. The store keepers. The locals visiting at breakfast. And Melony at the front desk. She's wonderful! Go! See for yourself.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quiet, eco-friendly thirty-two room beachfront resort, with lush vegetation and dotted with Sabal palm trees. A bird watching paradise. Situated on an elevation overlooking the Blue Caribbean sea. Wedding, honeymoon and small meeting packages available on request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Treasure Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Treasure Beach St Elizabeth
- Treasure Beach Hotel Jamaica