this was our 3rd trip to Jake's. We love it, we stay at one of the cottages on the sea that is about $300 per night, all of the cottages on the sea are similar but not excactly alike, we always stay at the same one because it's like our little vacation home. Don't really want to give the exact name because might be harder to reserve next time, but they are all really cool. We are in our late 40s. We love sleeping with the windows and doors open and the sound of the sea crashing on the rocks. Hadn't had any trouble with bugs our previous trips but this time we had a couple rainy days and had some bug and mosquito bites. Would take along some "off" and something to put on bites to keep them from itching in case you need it. The people here are fabulous, so very nice. Got to meet Sally and Jason, the owners, this time and they were so nice. Yvonne, the manager, always goes out of her way to give us the best treatment possible, she's great. Dougie @ the bar is the best bartender in the world, we love him. Jake's wouldn't be Jake's without him. Andy took us horseback riding and snorkeling, it was a blast, about an hours drive. Best "Jerk" is walking distance outside the gates, only on Friday and Sat. it's called "Delven's". Get you some. Andy also does bike and kayak tours, he's a great guy. If you want to go on a boat to Black River or "the pelican bar" ask for Joseph, another good guy who'll take care of you. Our driver to and from the airport was the nicest guy you'll ever meet, his name was Keven, he even took us to meet his beautiful family and had his mom share some recipe and instructions on cooking "Jerk" style. The drivers we've had in the past on the almost 3 hr drive from "Mo Bay" have not been as nice as Keven, ask for him to pick you up at Mo Bay. Went to "Shirley's Steam Bath and Massage", it was great, only wished we'd have done it the 2nd day we got there instead of waiting until the 5th and last day. The trip to Shirley's is a great experience that takes you to another world. Loved it. This trip we stayed 5 nights and our bill for food and drinks for my wife and myself was $1000, so that gives you an idea of cost. Loved the food at Jake's, very good. Pizzas at "jack sprats" are great too. We always took Dougie a couple slices, he enjoys Jack Sprat's pizza too. Bevin took good care of us at the restaurant, very nice guy, good waiter. Already looking forward to our next trip. Thanks to everyone at Jake's for being the best.
Myrtle Beach, SC
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Chicest shack in the Caribbean" – Vogue Magazine. --- "Welcome to one of Caribbean's funkiest resorts, where reggae and rock stars, doctors and lawyers, writers and artists come to taste the real Jamaica." - Island Magazine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotwire so you can book your Jakes Hotel, Villas & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jake`s Hotel, Villa Hotel Treasure Beach
- Jake`s Hotel, Villa And Spa
- Jakes St Elizabeth
- Jakes Hotel St Elizabeth
- Jakes Jamaica
- Jakes Hotel, Villas & Spa Jamaica/Treasure Beach