All reviews jack sprat abalone pelican bar mussels pizza yoga retreat ys falls outdoor shower laid back seafood hope house rum punch black river farm to table sea water captain dennis off the beaten path
Selected filters
Reviewed April 18, 2011

My daughter and I visited for 4 days. I was in Seahorse 2 and she was in the ocean cottage. We played scramble on the deck in the evening. Their dog, Blackie, came and stayed with us. She's a good watch dog. We met a very nice couple and hung out together. We took a boat ride with Capt Ted to Pelican Bar. It is a must do. We drove from MoBay. About 2hrs. Treasure Beach is a very laid back area. Not touristy. Jake's is very welcoming. We had spa treatments, dining and drinking, star gazing, hiked in a preserve. We did mosaics with Rhonda. This was my 4th visit to Jamaica and would love to come back to Jake's

Room tip: all buildings had a flair
Date of stay: March 2011
Reviewed April 12, 2011

My then fiancee (now husband) had a very beautiful and intimate wedding at Jake's. We could not have asked for a more special and wonderful venue at which to celebrate our wedding day.

We stayed at Mussels cottage. It is a three bedroom house with two wings - one with a king bedroom connected to a great outdoor shower and a second bedroom with two single beds - perfect for us and our two daughters. The other bedroom (on the other side of the house) had my parents. It was perfect. There is a kitchen, living room, two additional bathrooms and a huge verandah with sweeping sea views. I could go on and on. Ok, it is not the utmost in luxury, there could be some updates, but that is the charm of Jakes and the property on the whole. It has rustic charm

We got married on a little promontory that is part of the Mussels land - it juts out just abit into the sea.

The meals at Jake's and Jack Spratt's were delicious.

Jake's aside, Treasure Beach is a hidden gem. It is beautiful and unspoilt. If you want a relaxed and laid back experience, this is the place for you.

Date of stay: December 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank calenv
Reviewed April 8, 2011

This is simply the best room that we have ever stayed in while in the caribbean islands. We stayed in Seapuss 2 and the waves crashed up on our deck and we were very secluded. We brought in our own cereal for breakfast and rum drinks for sunset only because we wanted to sit in perfect peace and enjoy beginning and ending our day. Be aware, Jakes is not easy to get to and as we have often discovered, the more off the grid the harder to get to. We rented a car and drove from Mo Bay. We enjoyed the drive, potholes and all, getting lost and the villages we drove through. While staying at Jakes we had wonderful dinners on site, travelled to Pelican Bar, Appleton Rum factory and YS falls.
The best part was sitting our deck and relaxing...... If you are not looking for parasailing, wild parties and too much socialinzg this place is perfect. I would go back in an instant - enjoy.

Date of stay: April 2011
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2011

My husband and five-year-old daughter and I just got back from a five-day trip to Jake's - our first - and we absolutely loved it. We stayed in "Jack Sprat," next to the restaurant and hangout of the same name, and couldn't believe how gorgeous the view was. I'm still swooning over it.

Every single person on staff was warm, friendly and knowledgeable. Also, the food: Delicious!!!

We'd go back in a heartbeat. And the next time, we may even spring for one of the adorable "Octopussy" villas!

Date of stay: April 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 5, 2011

Everything was perfect, from the piña coladas and banana pancakes to the princess beds draped with mosquito nets. So many good things to look at, eat, sit down on. This was a perfectly laid-back, leisurely stay.

Date of stay: March 2011