“Be Careful of Room Choice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hodelpa Garden Court

Hodelpa Garden Court
Sarasota, Florida
“Be Careful of Room Choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This reminds you of a nice U.S. chain hotel which apparently it once was (a Courtyard). The property is well-maintained, rooms are clean and nice-sized, the location is terrific for getting to or from the airport, though a bit distant to the city. The staff is very helpful and the food excellent. My one complaint is that my room was on the second floor, towards the end of a hallway, and apparently directly over a party room which seems to be used heavily on weekends. It was very noisy; I felt as if I was in the party itself. Next time I would ask for a room at the other end of the building or perhaps on the third or fourth floors.

Room Tip: Higher floor; not over the party rooms.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stay here several times a year. The staff are like a second family. Everyone is attentive, polite and friendly. The hotel is clean and comfortable, and it is very convenient to both the airport and the city. I never stay anywhere else in Santiago. The breakfast buffet is incredible too!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for one night. I liked the fact that it's so close to the airport. It's also very peaceful and comfortable. During my first night there I slept as I hadn't slept in two years. I only had breakfast there but I can say that the food is excellent. The staff is very friendly and they are there for you for anything you need. I will definitely look forward to stay at this hotel when I go back to Santiago!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Santiago de los Caballeros, Dominican Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed there one night, and we did like our room. I can say is a very clean hotel, and we did loved the dinner and breakfast we had. Much variety to choose from, and very good food! The pool area is very pretty and relaxing, and is a very quiet hotel. We did like it very much.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Hollywood, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This hotel was very clean, great staff, FREE internet in the lobby, nice pool, close to airport but a little far from Santiago city, if you want to visit Santiago not the best hotel to stay because you will have to a car or used a taxi each time. Complimentary shuttle to airport. Restaurant food was excellent was delicious..

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Barbados
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

By no means am I saying that this hotel is a deal but if you can afford it and you want to stay close to the airport it is very worth your money. I walked around a little and from what I can tell this is the best hotel so close to the airport. The shuttle system works great, and the staff is so friendly you can find help to almost any problem you have (and I had a few). That being said this isn't a family hotel so don't expect to much in the way of activities. Perfect for in and out with as little problems as possible.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

My family and I stayed here on our way to the Santiago airport. It was everything you would expect from a corporate hotel, which was good. We did, however, experience some issues with the staff the morning of our departure.
We had an 8am flight and were told we would take the complimentary shuttle to the airport at 6am. When we went to check out at 5:45am, the front desk man explained that their shuttle was too far away and that they would, instead provide us with an adequate taxi to take us to the airport. That was nice. Until it arrived. The front desk man was well aware of the fact that we had a very large kitesurfing bag and 3 pieces of luggage, plus 4 of us. He shoved us into a compact taxi. We had the kitesurfing bag sticking out of the window, our daughters squeezed in the back and me sitting cramped on my husband's lap in the front seat! Luckily the drive was a short one, but this was totally crazy! On top of that, we needed to be out of the hotel by 6am, and he did not get the taxi organized until well after 6:15am, and we were concerned about getting to the airport late. He seemed very laid back about it. Fortunately, when we did arrive to the airport on time because hardly anyone had shown up for the flight, so it all worked out.
We also had a credit card issue, as I had given him my credit card the night before which they put a hold on the amount. We then had dinner there at the hotel (in a ballroom because the restaurant was being used for a wedding; the meal was ok, but not the best) and when we checked out, he said my card was declined. I asked him to call American Express and find out what was going on. He said it would cost money, and he couldn't. Despite my having a receipt which showed that I had an approval, he requested I pay with another card. I did, and when I arrived home, I called American Express, and they said my card had been charged numerous times, since he had made several attempts to run it through, so my available credit was at 0! From home in Miami, I called the hotel to have them contact American Express and fix this problem since I had already paid with my other credit card, and they said they would but never did. I am now having to deal with this myself and get their accounting department on it. What a nightmare! All in all, the hotel was fine but the front desk staff was kind but ineffective. What has happened to good customer service?

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank namastegroup
Also consider these accommodations in or near Santiago de los Caballeros
Hodelpa Gran Almirante Hotel & Casino
Hodelpa Gran Almirante Hotel & C...
#1 of 9 in Santiago de los Caballeros
Hotel Los Jardines
Hotel Los Jardines
#5 of 9 in Santiago de los Caballeros
3.5 of 5 stars 42 reviews

Been to Hodelpa Garden Court? Share your experiences!