Tripadvisor

from $310.00
from $61.54
from $55.00
More Info
All reviews our tour guide cigar factory great tour dominican republic his knowledge whole process tamboril an amazing experience first hand his passion loves his job tour takes different languages my girlfriend gift shop take pictures google maps
Selected filters
Reviewed July 23, 2019

We had a wonderful time touring the factory! I learned a lot, including how to smoke a cigar. Eugene was our tour guide and to say the least, he has a passion for cigars and learning in general, such an amazing man! He made the entire event interesting. The tour is free and includes a free cigar to smoke. I can't tell you enough how much we enjoyed our time there with Eugene! A must-do!

Date of experience: June 2019
LaAuroraCW, Community Manager at La Aurora Cigar Factory, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2019

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are delighted that you liked to meet us and that you recommend the tour. Come back to visit us soon

Reviewed July 20, 2019

We went to La Aurora cigar factory as a family of 5 and it was a fantastic tour. We had a private tour around the factory with an amazing guide, Miguel. Only our daughter speaks Spanish, therefore, we were very happy that Miguel spoke perfect English. The tour started with the very interesting showroom with real living tobacco plants including selecting and classifying room. Hereafter we went to the aging room where selected tobacco is aged in old rum barrels. During the tour we saw people performing the different kind of jobs when making the handmade cigars which was really interesting to see. We were offered to try to smoke a cigar, and we all had a go. We also visited the packaging area, where we saw the cigars getting packed into boxes. At the end of the tour we ended up in the shop, where cigars can be bought at great prices. We bought a giant cigar and some very fine cigars. Even though we do not smoke ourselves we can really recommend a visit to the La Aurora cigar factory.
Our guide Miguel was very knowledgeable and funny, we couldn’t have asked for a better guide, “thumbs up” Miguel!
P.S. Be aware that underage people (under 18) cannot go further than the showroom, due to local law.

Date of experience: July 2019
1  Thank allanminds

Thank you very much for your feedback. We welcome you to enjoy the visit of the factory and Miguel's explanations. We hope to see you here again on another occasion

Reviewed June 27, 2019

In past visits to the D.R. I visited what I was told was cigar factories only to be led to a local cigar selling store in the middle of town that sold bundles of cigars. (some rolled on the premises) Although they were fun, I needed more. My last visit, We (myself, fiance, 2 sons) made a point to venture out two hours to the La Aurora cigar factory. I could appreciate the mountains and countryside drive to get there. Upon arrival, We were greeted by Eduardo, the grandson (maybe great grandson) of the original La Aurora cigar legacy. Eduardo was the coolest most informative and knowledgeable person ever. He explained his family's legacy and craft in a way that I felt honored to be in his presence. He was generous enough to "burn" with us while we toured and he even challenged me to a smoke ring competition, in which I will forever hold the title. Great location, the smokes are very well constructed and the history makes them that much better.

Date of experience: March 2019
1  Thank mrb1470

Thank you very much for your comment. We welcome that you liked the visit. We hope you can see you here again

Reviewed June 26, 2019

So I am biased because I love cigars. Nevertheless, the tour of La Aurora Cigar Factory was not only interesting but it was inspiring. The level of thoroughness of the tour is beyond expectation; it leaves you with such an appreciation for the history of cigars, of the family and the countless artisans responsible for every facet of a cigars construction and ultimate consumption. Eugene is the MAN! He loves his job and his passion exudes via his words and actions. This is a great tour for cigar lovers.

1  Thank 117gregw

Thank you for your comment. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed the visit and Eugenio's wisdom. We hope you can visit us once again

Reviewed June 12, 2019

Eugene was our tour guide, and he was extremely knowledgeable and obviously loves his job! He was very friendly and quite funny...answering all questions we had! The tour was free, he offered us to smoke a cigar during the tour, and we were able to buy cigars in the factory store at the end. The prices here are about 1/2 the cost of what I found online. Great deals!!

1  Thank Ratcliffcigi

Thank you very much for your evaluation of the tour. We celebrate that you liked it and that you learned from Eugenio's knowledge. Thank you for shopping in our store and enjoy our cigars.