“Amazing experience”

$88.99*
and up
Santiago and Jarabacoa Day Trip from Puerto Plata
More attraction details
Owner description: La Aurora Cigar factory is a global tour around a Premium cigar factory, from seed to packaging. Our visitors obtained in less than an hour a complete view of the intricate process of making a cigar and about the history of La Aurora, the original cigar factory in Dominican Republic, opened in 1903.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed October 11, 2013

The La Aurora Factory was absolutely incredible. It's a complete tour of the factory...the tour guide smokes a cigar about the length of his forearm... It's an hour long tour and by the end he is about halfway through lol. They show you all the steps in processing, aging and rolling the tobacco. Watching premium cigars being hand made was quite an experience...paired with an amazing staff, this is something you don't want to miss! Thank you!

There are newer reviews for La Aurora Cigar Factory

Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

This was an absolute eye opener for me. As a lover of the leaf, I had never really put much thought into what it really took to get my favorite cigar to me. I now own my own cigar store and get many customers that enter my humidor and inevitably ask "why's this cigar so expensive"? Well I'm here to tell you, it's an absolute miracle they're not $50 or more! The art,craftsmanship and love that goes into making that wonderful piece of time and enjoyment we're so enamored with is incredible. If you get the opportunity to visit La Aurora you'll understand.

Luis Rodriguez
Mickey Blake's Cigars & Golf

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I'm new to the whole cigar smoking so this was very educational and I had a great time! Definitely recommending this place to all my friends!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

The most amazing cigar factory you will ever see! History does not do justice to want you will encounter and witness when visiting La Aurora. There is an art to producing hand made cigars and you can see it done right before your eyes.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I've paid a lot more money for cruise ship excursions that didn't measure up to this, and it was free. Better yet, it was a truly enjoyable experience. La Aurora has a great operation going here, and they produce a great product, and Eugenio Polanco does a great tour.
DON'T MISS IT!