“Excellent Service/facilities and Ambience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hodelpa Centro Plaza Hotel

Hodelpa Centro Plaza Hotel
Durban, South Africa
“Excellent Service/facilities and Ambience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

This is an excellent hotel to be in. The staff are extremely friendly. The chef at the breakfast place was so proactive. On the last day that we checked out, we could not do breakfast. The chef had already prepared each ones favourite meal and made sure that this was packed for us on our exit. This really is going the extra mile. Exceptional service indeed.
The hotel has many facilities and the rooms are really good, spacious and clean. Highly recommended

Room Tip: I think booking just about any room is excellent. we were on the 4th floor and everything was dead s...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Satisfied76

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Richmond Hill, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

We first stayed at the Hodelpa Court and next day we booked at Centro. We were received by the friendly staff that even gave us a glass of champagne and cookies. The process was very easy and fast. Were were told we had acces to the Hodelpa Grand Almirante pool, which is great. The rooms was clean but I think it could have been arranged a little better. Next morning we had a delicious breakfast on the 6th floor. They helped us with the luggage all the way to the room. We are very pleased with the service. Thanks to Elvi and Leandro for being so friendly and professional. They gave us the chance to check out a little later than the regular check out time.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank YamahaVal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014

Very goog hotel for Santiago City. Liked the view from the 6th floor and also the food was amazing.
The room was clean, little noisy because was located next to La Calle del Sol….but rooms in the opposite direcction would be better.
Elevator, staff attention were perfect !
I would go back another time !

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Keborquian
Kew Gardens, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

I visit the city regular as a hotelier buying supplies. Hodelpa continues to please me with the excellent attention with reservations, front desk and quality basic and deluxe room. Rafael and Leandro at the front desk are the center of service.

Vista Restaurant needs new management. I regret that the restaurant Vista has a long way to reach the quality of the rest of the hotel. The breakfast is good but often, they are missing many things - wait for milk, wait for coffee, no more fruit, etc... A simple visit for dessert was $7.00 for a dessert Flan de Leche the size of the palm of my hand. Not a value.

Room Tip: The streets can be noisy. You want a room facing the old Cathedral or facing the Monument or even pa...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank brian k
hoteleshodelpa, Ecommerce Coordinator at Hodelpa Centro Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear Mr. Brian K,

It means a great deal to us, having loyal customers as yourself visit our hotel every time you are in Santiago. Knowing that our Front Desk continues to provide a warm welcome for our guests is very satisfying. We would like this feeling to be no different on all the hotel areas during your visit.
We sincerely thank you for our feedback on the Vista Restaurant and would like to inform you that changes will be made soon to improve quality and guarantee full satisfaction. We assure during your next visit your experience as a whole will be positive.

Kind Regards,
Mariel Polanco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

Extremely good customer service: Rudy Fermin and Leandro( front desk agents), were very professionals and efficient. Bellboy Mello Cuevas, helped me with my luggages with such great attitude!! My room was very clean, it was exactly as shown on the expedia.ca's website. Good location, close to a lot of stores. Very safe, doormen Canela and Polanco can get you a taxi very quickly. I had a magnificent view of the Santiago monument from my room and of the city from the restaurant both located on the sixth floor. Wendy from housekeeping, did an amazing job in my messy room. Luis and Roberto from the restaurant, made sure that I had everything I need it during breakfast time. Juan and Miguel from the restaurant too, did a pretty good Job too, during dinner time their "sancocho" ( soup or stew) and "Chivo guisado"(goat stew) are delicious
Their typical Dominican breakfast is quite good: "mangu"(mashed green plantain), boiled yuca, potato or guineito(boiled green banana), accompany with fried white cheese or salami. They can make you a fresh omelette and you can choose the ingredients. Their coffee is REALLY GOOD. I would definitely visit this hotel again and would recommend it to anyone who wish to visit Santiago de Los Caballeros!!

• Stayed May 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

My friend and I stayed here for one night at the beginning and end of our visit to the Dominican Republic at end of February/beginning of March. It was a great location and the staff were very nice. A good option for anyone travelling in Santiago.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

Stayed for 4 days in March. They offer free shuttle pickup at airport and free wifi (some good areas in hotel and some weak). The staff was exceptional and attentive. Since I do not speak spanish, they even spoke to people on the phone for me that did not speak english. Unfortunately, I fell and tore my hamstring. However, when I got to the hotel the staff helped me greatly. They insisted the night I fell to go to the emergency room, I was stubborn. To make a long story short, I went in the morning to the ER and the hotel allowed me to stay until the night for a late flight home only charging a minimal fee. They physical came to my room to assit me in getting outside for a cab to the ER. I highly recommend this hotel. The only minor thing wrong with my room (502) was the location of the toilet paper in the bathroom, it is hard to reach. I noticed from photos of other rooms it is located better. I would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Irving k
hoteleshodelpa, Ecommerce Manager at Hodelpa Centro Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear Mr.Irbing

It´s a misfortune you got hurt during your stay but we are so overjoyed that our staff took good care of you and made the best of your stay regardless. Regarding the toilet paper location, we will take a look at room 502 to make it more comfortable for our customers.
We were very glad we had the honor of having you as a guest and will be waiting to serve you again on your next visit.

Kind Regards,