“Another great stay”
Review of Aloha Sol Hotel

Aloha Sol Hotel
Reviewed April 10, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel almost yearly, once per year. I was just there March 30th - April 3rd, 2012. I have to say that once again I was very pleased with the quality of my room and the service. The cleaning service came daily like clockwork and always did a great job. The shower pressure and amount of hot water was exceptional. Actually, this surprised me as I don't remember the shower being this good. The breakfast was always filling and had a good variety of fruit and traditional Dominican breakfast items. I had a room with two queen beds in it and I paid $1,999 Dominican Pesos per night or a little more than $51.00 US per night. I look forward to my next stay. My only regret is that I didn't stay longer.

Room Tip: If you are traveling and staying alone the room for $1,999 Dominican pesos is perfect. I beleive it...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
8  Thank JBars13

Reviewed March 9, 2012

I was surprised at the great service and nice room. I had reserved (via phone, as the website didn't work for me) an executive room with double bed, but it was really small and had no desk or table for working, so they moved me to a room with a king-sized bed which was much more roomy. Amazingly quiet (it was away from the street but facing the street wouldn't have been a problem since everything closes downtown at 7 pm) even near the elevator. Pretty clean, but the bedding was kind of flimsy and the sheets didn't stay tucked in. Room was well lit, but no natural light. Breakfast pretty good - buffet with eggs, fruit, breads, cheese, ham, mangu, etc.

Wifi from the room was great. Air conditioning worked very well. Very attentive, friendly staff.

Location ok, although downtown is not that exciting. One can at least walk to a good grocery/book/etc store (la Sirena) and to the Pez Dorado restaurant. Also several restaurants near the monument, but I didn't feel comfortable walking there alone at night.

2  Thank Rorinho
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Here's the good part:
The staff is friendly and helpful.
The breakfast buffet includes serve-yourself hot coffee and milk, sparing guests the (in my experience) all to frequent torture of having to try to wave down a waiter to get more coffee.
The hotel was clean.
The location is good.

Having said that, I have to say now that this was one of the worst hotel stays I have had in a while. Why? COULDN"T SLEEP!!! And not only me- I was with a work-related group of about 20 people and many people complained of difficulty sleeping d/t the noise- noise from the street, and noise from the hallway, and noise from other rooms, and from the ice bin, whatever. After two almost sleepless nights, another person told me that she got extra sheets and put them all on top of her and turned the air conditioner on the lowest possible setting so it would never cut off. I tried it, and slept better. Cold, but better than noise.Other than that, well, I missed the amenities that it doesn't have: no in room coffee, no gym, no pool, nada. But- as I said, good location and nice staff, so I am giving a middle rating.There was free wifi, but it cut off at least once a day.

Room Tip: Maybe a higher floor would have less street noise- I was on the second floor. IDK.
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Well, right off the bat,I would say that the staff at Aloha Sol Hotel and Casino,stand alone in their class..Simply outstanding! Professionalism at its best 10+ Stars. I was given a big spacious room with not just one but two beds that was extremely clean at all times..Aloha Sol Hotel and Casino is located in the heart of town in Santiago with all the shopping you want to do at walking distances from the hotel...Best price Hotel and service in Santiago,Dominican Republic for sure..I would stay there again without even thinking about it...

Reviewed February 17, 2012

i enjoyed every minute at the hotel. staff was so kind and pleasing. my room was excellent and when i return in april, 2012 i will be staying here. overall if you are on a budget this would be the place to be.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 1, 2011

This is the best hotel for a decent price in Santiago. It's in a safe area and near the monument and all the good restaurants and nightclubs. The food is good and so is the service. The hotel is quiet so you can get a good night's sleep.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Sepahunt22
Reviewed November 23, 2011

For my return visit to this hotel I chose one of their "principal suites". I felt that it was definitely worth the extra cost. My room was clean, spacious, and well maintained. The service level remains high and the location can't be beat, within walking distance of great restaurants, shopping and El Monumento.

Room Tip: Upgrading to a principal suite is worth it.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo