“Hit or Miss”
Review of Kukara Makara

Kukara Makara
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night
Description: I found it in the Moon Travel Guide. Phone number is 809-241-3143. It is located across from the Monument to the Heroes of the Restoration of the Republic.
Reviewed September 18, 2013

The restaurant is fun and the waiters are very nice. The food is a hit or miss. My sister had a seafood soup that was delicious. I had Bechameth Stuffed Chicken Breast that was over cooked, dry, and swimming in sauce. Best view of the Monument is on the second floor.

1  Thank RomanaLola10

Reviewed September 6, 2013

The restaurant is right across the street from the Monumento de los Héroes. It has a cowboy theme which feels weird in Santiago and has no air conditioning. Other than that I loved the place: it has a great variety of food, the food was good (I tried some pasta, my girlfriend some mofongo) and the waiters were attentive. Next time in Santiago I will be eating here again.

1  Thank Angel A
Reviewed June 25, 2013

They even dress like cowboys which made it more fun. Good appetizers and lots of fun. And its located across from the Monumento De Los Heroes De la Restauracion. Good spot for a date! :)

1  Thank Aviate037
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I had a very nice evening here in March 2013. Our waiter was as helpful as he could be given my language limitations - when he was unable to answer a question he brought the son of the owner to talk to me. The son was also quite helpful and, in fact, gave me the recipe for an appetizer that I really liked.

The appetizer, Champignones al Gratin, was 2 tomatoes stuffed with suteeed mushrooms in a wine wine and cheese sauce - it was substantial enough to have been a meal. I also had a pasta and chicken dish that was very good. My companion enjoyed her meal as well.

The restaurant is located at the base of the Monument to the Heroes of the Revolution and is in an area that is a nice one for evening entertainment having horse drawn carriages, restaurants and bar/night clubs in the immediate vicinity.

1  Thank MarkB1951
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Good food and good service. The menu is very diverse and the drinks are also very good. The grilled seafood platter is a must!

1  Thank Raybla