Hotel Colonial
Hodelpa Garden Court(Santiago de los Caballeros)
$139
$105
  • Pool
Camp David(Santiago de los Caballeros)
$120
$100
Hodelpa Centro Plaza Hotel(Santiago de los Caballeros)
$85
$82
Travelocity
Platino Hotel & Casino(Santiago de los Caballeros)(Great Value!)
$57
Hotwire.com
Matum Hotel & Casino(Santiago de los Caballeros)
$55
Hodelpa Gran Almirante Hotel & Casino(Santiago de los Caballeros)
$181
$175
Orbitz.com
Hotel Los Jardines(Santiago de los Caballeros)
$61
Aparta Hotel Jardines Metropolitanos(Santiago de los Caballeros)
$47
  • Breakfast included
Aloha Sol Hotel(Santiago de los Caballeros)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I agree with most of the other reviews here - we traveled here with my three children (youngest is 6) in June 2012 and had a wonderful visit in Santiago. We didn't have a car and had no problem getting cabs and taking buses where we couldn't walk. The staff helped us find the simple things - bank, shopping, food etc. I'm not fluent in Spanish but can speak it enough to get along - the staff was patient in explaining stuff to me, and the owner? speaks very good English and loved talking to my kids. We didn't hang out after dark - but since we had kids we didn't need to anyway. It seemed safe enough, but there is a lot going on in the streets. The rooms have TVs, window air conditioning units and a small fridge. Our hot water wasn't completely consistent but we usually had it. There are three or four prices for the different rooms, which are posted in the lobby of the middle building. The lady we spoke to couldn't tell us why? We had more expensive rooms and moved to a cheaper one but we couldn't tell much of a difference. They didn't clean our rooms while we were out during the day, but they did offer to, so I'm sure you could request it.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank mombygrace
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Hotel Colonial doesn't pretend to be any more than it is; an older hotel with small, cheap, clean rooms. It is about 1/2 walk to the monument and the better restaurants, but close to some good markets and other parks. The hotel is next to the bus/taxi stand and there is almost always street noise. It is a 15 minute (200 peso) taxi ride from the Caribe Tours bus station.
My room was in the front on the 2nd floor. It had AC and a small fridge. Hot water for the shower was provided by an electric water heater/shower head; unfrotunately this meant that the shower head could only be pointed straight down.
The only problem I had was on Saturday night. Around 11:00 PM about 20 people gathered in the street in fornt of the hotel; drinking, talking and playing very loud music which kept setting off a car alarm. At about 12:30 I went to the lobby to complain and discovered that the hotel staff was out in the street partying right along. This lasted until about 2:00.

Room Tip: do not accept a room near the front of the building
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank bill m
Reviewed March 29, 2012

This hotel is a great value. Our room with 2 double beds and bath was about $40us/night. It is very basic but very clean. The hotel is large and although there is nothing cute or hip about it, I completely recommend it. The plaza is about 15 min walk and the fortress another 10. The bathroom is spacious but there is no hot water. There is a tv and a very cold ac.

• Stayed: March 2012
5  Thank Kabuka1
Reviewed March 2, 2012

I stayed her for 1 night in febr 2012. I wanted to stay 2, but santiago and the hotel made me decide to stay for only 1 night. The room was clean, but there is no atmosphere what so ever and the light (one tl light bulb) made this even worse. I just didn't feel ok there. No nice places to eat.....
When i arrived the electricity was down (in other area's of the city, this happened as wel, though not at the same time). After a few hours, it finally worked again. I'm sure there are better places to stay, if you pay a little more. After dark I didn't feel completely comfortable in the area where the hotel is situated....

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank ML503
Reviewed February 5, 2012

We stayed 3 people in a room for Carnival for 1000 pesos a night! Really good deal, it is the process of getting remodeled so its a little crazy but still a good cheap place to stay when your in Santiago.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends