“I stayed here and had a great time”
Review of Hotel Los Jardines

Hotel Los Jardines
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“I stayed here and had a great time”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

I can tell you that I enjoyed my stay here. They had great rooms here and I felt safe at all times. The Front Desk is very friendly and willing to help you as well as the Management. I enjoyed the breakfast and the location is great. The rooms a little bit small but great value for the price. Just a few minutes walk from the Hodelpa Hotel. I will return because of the great value in price and location. Anthony the General Manager goes out of his way for people and this makes me want to return and to recommend this place to others. My friend Ivan recommend this place before but I was unaware of the location till I had a bad experience at another Hotel.

Room Tip: The internet works better in the lower floors
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Simon B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Hungarian first
puerto rico
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

I had the chance to stay for several days in santiago. Visited los jardines hotel en the second day because I was unhappy with the Gran Almirante hotel. Los Jardines is behind Gran Almirante,has a great price, and small room, but its good enough for a nights sleep. Staff is very helpful. Will return on my next trip.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank annayblacky
Puerto Plata, Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We used to stay at Hotel Los Jardines several times a year for over two years now.
The staff is constant and always friendly and they never ask for much more than the night paid in advance. The hotel is safe and quite clean and located just behind one of Santiago's most expensive hotels (Hodelpa). the hotel is nothing special, the architecture typical concrete Latin American style with all it's up's and downs. It HAS and elevator. I would call it a 3 Star at Int'l level.

Sadly, last weekend we had to find out that management had the splendid idea to raise the price a whooping 50%. For us, a couple with 3 kids 10, 11 and 13 in a 3-bed room this came now from USD 75.oo/night to USD 115.oo. We've staid at the allegedly 5-star JARAGUA hotel in Santo Domingo for less than that. I told the desk, they seemed to agree.
It's not untypical for the region... backwards marketing, sadly. I doubt it will be a decision they wil l be able to rate as successful down the line. But that is not our problem.

There is a shortage of mid-range (USD 50's to 70's) QUALITY hotels in Santiago. And thus competition is difficult to compare.

We'll be reporting on a replacement.

Room Tip: ASK for rooms with a WINDOW! Some rooms are built into the center of the building and only have a wi...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Jean David S
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I stayed here for one night awaiting a flight out of Santiago Aeropuerto. This was a very organized hotel, everyone was bi-lingual, I started with Spanish but the very helpful gentleman at the desk proved to be very fluent in English so everything went very smoothly. I don't understand the negative comments about discrimination at this hotel as I never felt it and a large party of Asians checked in right after me so this reputation must be unfounded. Also I had a meal at the hotel restaurant, granted I had to wait a bit, but it was worth it because it was one of the best meals I have had in years!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank draino3
Waxhaw, North Carolina
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Great location. Good value. If you are business guy who wants value for his money this is the place to stay in Santiago. Got money to burn? Gran Almirante is steps away. This place works if you are business guy that is wanting a clean and simple (though small) room. I would add that the breakfast is better than the States continental type but not as good as a full buffet.

Forget travelling with kids or your wife. Its not that type of hotel (at least for Americans).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Romney2012
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 3, 2012

My stay at this hotel was disappointing. I traveled with my kids and did not feel accommodated at all. I traveled for a few nights and had no place to fold my clothes, all the clothing were kept on the briefcase on the floor the complete stay. Keep in mind the rooms were small. They do not have plastic cups for kids and as a result my 3 year old dropped a glass of juice by accident. Everyone that was dinning heard it, and it took at least 8 minutes for the cook who was a skinny short female to come over and pick up the glass. The cook also made a comment and said with an awful attitude YOU SHOULD OF ASKED FOR A PLASTIC CUP. Not once I was asked if everything was ok, the waitress was no where near our table, instead went to look outside and didnt even ask if we needed another drink or cup. As a result of their horrible service my kids and I were not able to finish our breakfast. This hotel I do not recommend at all. Price too high for their poor service. Elevators were off most of the days.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank marinelly p

Travelers are raving about these Santiago de los Caballeros hotels

LA
Reviewed March 14, 2012

Per online recommendations I decided to try Los Jardines hotel. The good, the hotel is located in a walkable area near banks, night life and restaurants. The bad, small rooms that need updating and thin noise friendly doors. There is a decent breakfast included. Although this hotel is decent and well priced, I decided to change locations to something a little nicer.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business