“Nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Pedro Restaurant

Pedro Restaurant
Cuisines: Spanish, Caribbean, Mediterranean, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Traditional and avant-garde Spanish and Mediterranean cuisine in a cozy atmosphere. Private room for meetings and events. Open terrace.
Aventura, Florida
“Nice”
Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

Well im not going to make journal about this nice restaurant in santiago but i got to tell you if you looking for a nice restaurant to have a nice evening with a special someone if you dont go there your loss because the place is nice staff is good and the food awww mouth watering. What are you waiting for go and take my word for it you can not go wrong with it. I have to thank everybody that post before me that make me make that awsome choice thank you guys

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank DMAC2010

Richmond, Virginia
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I ate here on 9/17/13. I was in Santiago on business and we decided to go to Pedro's based on the tripadvisor reviews. Great advice all around, the food here was fantastic and such a nice looking restaurant, the pictures don't do it justice. There was some sort of event going on the night we went, but I was fine with that because they had live music for it!

The service here is really nice, much more like what we're used in the US (where the waiter comes and checks on you a few times during the meal) but the prices are more expensive than what you would find in most Santiago restaurants. For three people we spent about USD$170 but that included two bottles of wine and dessert.

Overall, totally worth checking out. Next time I'm in town, I'll be going back for sure.

• Visited September 2013
PedroRestaurant, Owner at Pedro Restaurant, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments, we really appreciate the fact that you enjoyed our meals and service and hope to see you back soon.
Please allow me to explain regarding your comment of our restaurant being more expensive than others in Santiago. Your meals consisted of two of the most expensive dishes in our menu, Flank steak and Tenderloin steak from "Prime Angus US beef", cuts that, as far as I know, we are the only restaurant in Santiago that offers them. This is the reason, most likely, for the cost difference you noted.
Thanks again and hope to see you soon. It was a pleasure serving you.
Jorge
“One of the best options currently in Santiago”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

It is a Spanish/seafood concentrated menu, but actually has a bit of everything.
The food is very good. The salmon ceviche and the octopus as appetisers are great. The paella and the red snapper in tequila sauce were excellent as main courses.
Services is average, but the owner is checking up on all tables.
Parking is limited and the atmosphere is not excellent, but fairly good.
Prices are very good also for the portions.
Needs to improve the tuna tartar and the side dishes.
Currently I would rate the food here as the best in Santiago, together with Noah. Would recommend this restaurants.

• Visited August 2013
PedroRestaurant, Owner at Pedro Restaurant, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments, we are very glad you've enjoyed our meals.
Since we are constantly striving in order to provide a first class service and meals I would really appreciate if you could comment about what were the issues that made you give us an average rating in our service and your recommendations regarding the Tuna Tartar and the side dishes.
Thanks again and hope to see you back soon.
Jorge
Santiago de los Caballeros, Dominican Republic
“Fantastic!!!”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I travel for work - this is one of the best meals I have had in months. We stumbled onto the restaurant by accident; and glad we did. I had the Red Snapper and it was wonderful.

1 Thank Steven P
“Wow. !!!!!!”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Stumbled accross this gem and wished we found it to days earlier. The steak with 3 pepper sauce is phenomenal. The steak was cooked to perfection and cut with a fork and the sauce was perfectly balanced so that you could taste everything and nothing overpowered. The potato pancakes that accompanied them were the perfect balance and great to sop up the rest of the sauce. We are coming back tomorrow for the paella which ia supposed to be even better.

1 Thank mikeczar