“a special treat right on the beach” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rainbow Beach Bar Restaurant

Rainbow Beach Bar Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Calibishie
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Scenic view, Romantic, Dining on a budget, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Carolina Beach, North Carolina
“a special treat right on the beach”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

The wonderful hosts at Pagua Bay Beach House recommended that we stop for lunch at this place during our excursion along the northeast coast of Dominica. We were so very pleased to see that the waves virtually lapped at the front edge of this cozy little restaurant. I thoroughly enjoyed the lionfish and encourage others to try this tastey fish. This is an invasive species of fish that takes extra care to catch prepare. I first enjoyed lionfish on Grand Cayman last year and now make a point to order this fish wherever it is offered. The lionlionfish can be boney and the way it is prepared at Rainbow would make it a challenge for those not used to eating whole fish but for me it was a treat. In Grand Cayman the choices that I had were a tastey ceviche or filets both excellent. If you stop at Rainbow, take the time to visit nearby "Red RocK"

• Visited February 2014

Connecticut
“Best restaurant in Calibishie area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

Loved this place, went for 3 dinners and 1 big lunch over 6 days. This restaurant is seafood focused, more-so than others in the area. Best dish is crayfish, which I think is seasonal, much different/better than U.S. crayfish. Lionfish was also excellent. Find the upper deck for a great view.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank bbcp
Dominica
“Wonderful Chicken Curry”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

Loved Rainbow Beach Bar Restaurant. Greeted by a BIG smile from the host and seated in on a dinning table adjacent the Atlantic sea, offered soursop drink as a tester which was very nice and refreshing. For starts I had the octopus salad followed by a wonderful chicken curry which was served within a pineapple, a nice side order of rice and mixed salad. Just wonderful and next time I'm in town it's a cert that I will be back.

Visited January 2014
Bloomington, Indiana
“delightful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

We ate twice at Rainbow during our stay in Calabishie and both meals were wonderful. We also lodged there one night as the restaurant also is a guesthouse with two rooms for rent. Our meals were delicious and romantic, just steps from the sea. I especially recommend the fish, super-fresh, served whole as good a fish as I've ever had. The owners are very sweet and happy to chat and share their ideas of love and life. Great vibes, be assured.

• Visited January 2014
Princeton, Massachusetts
“A Gem in Calibishie!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

My wife and I ate here twice for lunch during our recent trip to Dominica. Our lunch on our last day was fantastic. Poached crayfish with creative sides all presented on a banana leaf. Words cannot do justice to it! Chef Karen is from Normandy and it shows in her love of seafood and the art of presenting food. But even more importantly the tastes were superb. We couldn't stop talking about how unlikely a find this restaurant is in that part of the island. Let's hope success doesn't spoil it (did I mention it has a lovely sea view across the Calibishie lagoon to the cliffs and waves, and even has a swing bench on the sand from which to enjoy your aperitif?) We will be back!

• Visited January 2014