“Sheer Delight” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 6 Calibishie B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Sheer Delight”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2011

Always a delight to dine at the Escape bar but staying at Red Rock Haven hotel for a second time, recently, confirms that this is one of the best hotels on the island for attention to the individual. We were made to feel special in every way. Our time was too short Stacey & Rita but keep your eyes peeled as I'm sure we will be back!!! Serenity, Bliss, Castaway although surrounded by others, hmmmm!!!

Room Tip: No fitness centre needed!!! The beach is on your doorstep as are long walks on the beach!!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Dominica
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2011

I am a local Dominican woman who has visited the restaurant at Red Rock Haven Hotel for many years. Last month I decided to stay at the hotel for a small vacation. The room was perfect in every way from the locally stone crafted walls to the thatched roof. The friendly staff assisted me with all my demands, it felt as though they were a part of my family and I was at home. The tranquility and homely atmosphere encouraged me to extend my stay. A simple stroll on the beach in the mornings and a dip in the ocean gave me a healthy appetite to work my way through the restaurant menu. The food is deliciously prepared by caring and friendly staff. I was a women staying on my own, I felt very safe and cared for. Thank you Stacey and staff for making my stay such a memorable one, I have just booked to go back in December!

Room Tip: I stayed in the Tree Top Room, great view of the coconut grove and steps away from the beach.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Ginette P
Miami Beach, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2011

Hello Everyone, I visited red rock back a couple of Weeks, i love the place, the food was ok, but the owner and girlfriend, talk so bad about the local people including their warm and friendly staff, Stacey seem very strange and would take 1 week to respond to our booking reservation..

Rat were near our room, the parking lot was full with garbage, stacey said Dominica have very bad disposal system

Room Tip: stacey doesn't like the local people
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank sonia b
hovde34, Owner at Escape at Red Rock Haven, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
It has taken me a while to find the correct way in which to reply to this review. Firstly the reason I moved to Dominica and invested my time and money is because of the people and the beauty of the island. The people are warm and friendly. I have many friends, neighbours and indeed my staff all local and dear to me. My business could not function if I did not have the respect and support of the community, we all work together and are proud of our village and island.

With regards to the comments about the hotel, I can inform the readers that during September and going into October the hotel was closed. Red Rock Haven is a small boutique hotel of two beach rooms and one villa. There was no guest staying during this time and no one of the name of the person who wrote the review has stayed with us.
Lethbridge, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2011

Our stay at Red Rock Haven was nothing short of paradise. From the warm welcome we received at our arrival to the sad good-byes when we departed, we have never had such a relaxing holiday.

Our room was spectacular – beautifully decorated and private. The food at the Escape Bar and Grill was delicious, filling, and very reasonably priced. The staff was above and beyond helpful and friendly.

But the best part of all was the atmosphere. We literally felt like we were living in a Jimmy Buffet song. After several days of hiking and sightseeing on the beautiful island of Dominica, we were ready for some R and R, and the Red Rock Haven was the perfect place to find it.

The beach was breath-taking, with its lovely sand beaches, beautiful view of the red rocks, warm ocean water for swimming, and indescribable sunsets. We were able to explore the tidal pools along the shore, and a short walk into Calibishie gave us a glimpse of the local way of life.

We highly recommend both Dominica as a vacation destination, and Red Rock Haven as the perfect piece of paradise to stay while you are there. Hats off to Stacey and Rita for their amazing facility and hospitality!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jo_AnneW154919
Northampton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2011

We stayed in the Villa at Red Rock for the first three nights of our Honeymoon and we were in heaven! Stacey and Rita were so incredibly generous and accommodating throughout our entire stay. We didn't leave the property for three days----just spent it in total luxury---lounging on the patio reading, swimming in our private infinity pool, eating at the Red Rock beach restaurant, going for awesome walks out on the rocks, and swimming in the ocean. There was one day that it rained almost all day and we still had a blast. The villa is so beautiful and comfortable. We do recommend keeping the doors closed at night to keep out the bugs.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sarah M
Townsend, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2011

Our first trip to Dominica was memorable, and Red Rock Haven was definitely part of the reason. Casual atmosphere but elegant amenities in the room. The food was great, and the service very personal. The beach took our breath away. We were up at sunrise every morning with cameras in hand. Evenings on the beach were also spectacular. Our hosts were friendly and open, giving us great advice on day trips and some less well-known sites. It was a perfect introduction to the island, and we plan to go again.

Room Tip: Every room is lovely, well appointed and unique.
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Melody1956
Portsmouth, Dominica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2011

I'm a student at Ross University in Dominica. There are a lot of options for us to get away from campus and experience the island but the Red Rock Haven stands alone. I'm always greeted personally by the owner and the staff is friendly. The beach restaurant atmosphere is calm and beautiful. Large leisure chairs on the beach overlook crashing waves. I always refer tourists I meet to eat a dinner there. There's no other place like it.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kdelgreco
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calibishie
Calibishie Cove
Secret Bay
#1 of 4 in Portsmouth
The Tamarind Tree Hotel & Restaurant
Atlantique View Resort & Spa

Been to Escape at Red Rock Haven? Share your experiences!