“A unique and special place”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Calibishie
Escape at Red Rock Haven
Ranked #3 of 6 Calibishie B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 17, 2011

Stayed at red rock for a week in February in the Villa, it was tremendous, it has a private pool and a beautiful view of the ocean, a few steps down to the beach where there is a lovely little beach restaurant. The hosts were tremendous as well we were very happy with our stay. Dominica can be a little rustic and it was a pleasure to go out exploring to come back to our lovely villa very private. Not a typical large hotel just a few rooms, exactly what we were looking for.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Villa is worth the money
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pophamer
There are newer reviews for Escape at Red Rock Haven

Reviewed April 15, 2011

I just got back to the states after a wonderful stay at Red Rock Haven in beautiful Dominica. I was trveling solo and had never been to Dominica. I have been to almost every island in the Caribbean but none more majestic than this little gem.
Red Rock was GREAT. Stacey and Rita took me under their wing and were the quintessential host and hostess filling me in on what sites to see and hooking me up with a local guide, Nap. I took most of my meals on property at the Escape Beach Bar and Grill and they were all 5 stars. Eric, the chef, prepared fantastic meals made from fresh local produce and specials from the sea. I am still dreaming about the fresh caught tuna on the menu. It was absolutely memorable.
The room I stayed in was spacious and super clean. The bed and linens were wonderful. I spent many early mornings on my private balcony overlooking a palm grove right on the beach, reading to the sounds of the waves. You can not beat this location in Dominica. Point Baptise Beach in the nearby village of Calibishie on the Northeast coast.
I was never treated so well and felt right at home by Stacey and all his professional staff. I highly recommend Red Rock Haven and can not wait to return.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank rumrunner9
Reviewed April 14, 2011

Red Rock Haven is a true "haven". Break away from the usual old hotel and have a true Caribbean experience! The balinese style accommodations, the long stretch of beach, the breathtaking red rock cliffs, the intimate setting along with the amazing food and special drinks all provide something quite unique that you'll have a difficult time pulling yourself away from when it's time to depart! Definitely a place that you'll want to return to.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Flossie076
Reviewed April 7, 2011

Red Rock Haven met all of our expectations, and then some. I do not know where to begin a description---the lodging, the views, the food or the staff. Red Rock Haven is not a huge place; there are two bungalows and a two-bedroom villa. We stayed in the villa, because we wanted to have plenty of room to relax on the veranda by the pool, and we wanted to cook simple meals. The villa is spacious and airy, and sits a bit up on the hillside, so the views are panoramic. We thought we would cook more than we did, but we discovered the food at the Escape Beach Bar and Grill (also at Red Rock Haven--a 1 minute walk from the villa) and did not want to eat anywhere else (see our restaurant review). The Pointe Baptiste Beach is right at Red Rock Haven, so we could swim and walk, and admire the dramatic cliffs that surround the cove. This is a great spot to watch the sunset. But more than the room, more than the food, more than the views, it is the people at Red Rock Haven that make the stay an exceptional experience. Stacy, the owner, was there to help ease us into daily life on Dominica. He and Rita gave us advice on shopping, snorkeling and sightseeing---everything. He arranged a hike to Boiling Lake and in general did so much to make us welcome. I recommend Red Rock Haven to everyone wanting to relax and take in the vibrancy of Dominica.

Room Tip: Call Stacey and tell him what you are looking for
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NVPeg
Reviewed August 1, 2009

I just got back from a stay at Red Rock Haven with my fiance and couldn't wait to write a review about this absolutely WONDERFUL place. Gina and Stacey are the perfect hosts - they've created this very special place; as soon as you step foot in there, you immediately start relaxing, your smile gets wider and you feel like a little kid again. I'm torn between telling everyone I know about this spot and keeping it a secret because I really don't want to share. I loved every part of my stay, from the beautiful room, with all the great details, the cool breeze blowing through it, to the spectacular beach and the food - the food! I've haven't eaten this well in a LONG time - Eric, the chef there, has a real talent! It's the people there who make the place so special. The stay was a surprise birthday present for my fiance, and Gina was so great about answering all my questions and setting it up for me, we had a bunch of our friends show up and have a birthday dinner as well. Nigel, the bartender makes the best drinks and is always quick to make you laugh. I definitely give this place 2 thumbs way up and am already planning a return trip. Thanks so much Gina, Stacey, Eric, Nigel and the rest of the gang for making this so special!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Renuka713
Reviewed April 21, 2009

Full disclosure: we did not have the pleasure of sleeping in one of the comfortable and nicely appointed rooms at Red Rock (we tried to keep to a budget). However, we might as well have slept there because it felt like our home on the island. Stacey and Gina have done a wonderful job of creating a space that is beautifully designed and balances the modern pleasures of life with the incredible landscape and paradise that is Dominica. They are friendly, attentive, and caring hosts who take time to get to know their guests and are eager to share their knowledge and love of Dominica. The food at the hotel restaurant/bar, 'Escape' is EXCELLENT (perhaps the best on the Island), the beer ice cold (and served in little cozies to help keep it that way), and the rum punch is delicious!! All of these made even better, by having the pleasure of Nigel, bartender/guide/driving instructor/historian/anything you need, greet you with his contagious smile and easy going charm. He is the perfect compliment to this incredible treasure. We wish we could be there now, and hope to visit again soon! Thank you for our wonderful memories!
Jeff & Megan

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank manjuro
Reviewed March 24, 2009

We were married on Pointe Baptiste Beach on March 5th, 2009 and had our honeymoon there. We went to Dominica to get married and were looking for a beautiful beach to say our wedding vows, as well as hopefully find a place to stay that was on the beach. We found all that and more at Red Rock Haven at Pointe Baptiste Beach. The cottages are lovely, and then there's Stacey and Gina, two wonderful people who shared this amazing paradise with us. The food and service was exceptional - you should try JenJen's Calloo soup. We recommend Red Rock Haven to everyone.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank massagehealing06
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calibishie
Calibishie Cove
Fort Young Hotel
Fort Young Hotel
#1 of 7 in Roseau
The Champs, Hotel, Restaurant & Bar

Been to Escape at Red Rock Haven? Share your experiences!