We had a great Dominica expereinece, staying at Calibishie Cove was a big part of this. Staff is very friendly, rooms are spacious and have have nicer than expected showers. Walking distance to town and to Hodges beach..Probably the best 'north coast' place to stay at. Close to 5 stars, but:
- At night it gets windy, there is no way to fully close the windows (they are fixed wooden slats). Noise from the wind could be annoying to some people.
- Breakfasts were hit or miss. They need a better system for providing early 'to-go' breakfasts for those leaving on adventures. Surprising lack of fruit (no banana til the last day; no coconut ever; no mango).
But these are minor problems - so I'd highly recommend a stay here, but couldn't quite go to 5 stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Calibishie Cove-on the mountainous island's beach-studded northeastern corner-is a colonial-style hotel inspired to reenergize with just four rooms, each with platform beds, large shutters, and a private patio overlooking quaint panoramic vistas of Caribbean Sea. Nestled 80-feet above Hodges Bay Beach, the Eco-hotel sets the tone for an elegant and private relaxed beach hideaway. Calibishie captures the native spirit of Dominica with its distinctive "Nature Island" philosophy. At-a-glance: Distinguished Eco Boutique-hotel | Romantic Beach | Weddings | On-site Dining | Organic Garden | Nature Made Views | Yoga + Wellness Retreat | Sustainable ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity and Evoline ltd so you can book your Calibishie Cove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Calibishie Cove Hotel Calibishie