“Everything we wanted and more!”
other traveler has booked this property
Butler`s Pine Cottage Spruce Cottage living area
Covehead Light House - 2 Km from cottage
Cove Head Wharf - less than 2 Km from Cottages
the sand dunes
Stanhope Beach ( Ross Lane Beach ) - 7 Minute walk from Cottages
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 38 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Kristinai...
“Everything we wanted and more!”
Reviewed June 14, 2015 for a stay in June 2015
person found this review helpful

I arrived at Pine Cottage with my four year old son and Mother on a Saturday evening. We were exhausted and cranky after flying all day.

The cottage was a wonderful balm for us weary (!) travellers.
The main floor where the kitchen, dining area and living room are, is open and inviting. Everything we needed for cooking and BBQING was right there. The bathroom is clean and bright, with plenty of towels and cloths handy in the linen closet. The 3 bedrooms were decorated in the classic cottage style and the beds were very comfortable. The upstairs loft room has a skylight and small balcony off of it, which was lovely. The ceiling fans are great for circulating that lovely sea air (something we Calgarians loved!). There is a screened in sunroom that my son took over and proceeded to make his own with massive Lego / Duplo constructions. The deck is large and was perfect to relax on.
There is a washer inside and a small shed nearby with two dryers in it, in case you don't want to hang clothes on the line. There is a collection of movies (Including, of course, Anne of Green Gables), and a bin of beach toys. My son was in heaven!
The beach, which is a five minute walk away, is gorgeous. Rain or shine we were there 4-5 hours a day.

If you are looking for a beautiful, relaxing break - this is the place to go. The owners, Brenda and Larry, are so conscientious and caring. They really go the extra mile to make your vacation a memory of a lifetime. I only wish we could have stayed longer.

Fantastic cottage, fantastic location and amazing owners.

Check this place out!

Colette B
Fredericton, Canada
“Beautiful Retreat”
Reviewed November 2, 2014 for a stay in October 2014
people found this review helpful

I really appreciated my communication with the owners of the cottage. They were always prompt at getting back to me and providing me with all kinds of information. Their reservation set up made things really easy. Even upon arriving at the cottage, I received an email from them checking to see if everything was ok. I was able to ask any other questions that I had. It was like having them right there. Upon arriving to the Spruce cottage (1 of 2 of their cottage), it was surrounded by a white picket fence. It felt like we were arriving home. The landscape was beautiful, many special little touches. The inside of the cottage was spacious, clean and beautiful. I loved the smell of the wood. My favourite place was the living room with the many seating set up, fireplace, tv, many windows. We went for the long weekend in October so it was a bit too chilly to enjoy the huge screened in sunroom though. This place is definitely big enough for 6 people to hang out comfortably. It had everything you would have at home and more. The kitchen area was big too. I also enjoyed the many walks that we were able to do from the cottage. Just across the street from their lane, you could walk on this boardwalk type area. It is like a paved path that goes all around for many km. We easily took 40 min walks around and enjoyed he view of the water. We even walked up to the golf course. It was also a 7 min walk to the beach. Really easy to get there and beautiful area. I would definitely stay there again. We love traveling in the spring and fall since it is quieter. This vacation stay was one of my favourites. I felt like we were on a family retreat. Very quiet and peaceful. The bonus was all the great walking areas from the cottage. We all loved it including our dog.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Great attention to detail
Liked least: There was not as many restaurants open during the time of the year we went (Oct)
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Bluenoser...
Nova Scotia
“A "Real" Cottage”
Reviewed October 7, 2014 for a stay in October 2014
person found this review helpful

Actually this particular "cottage" , there are 2 of them, is known as the Spruce and can best be described as a quaint older renovated house. The area was quiet, near the beach and exuded much more character and provided far more living space than the standard cookie cutter cottages of the area. Booked as a getaway for 2 nights and couldn't be happier. Everything we needed was there and all arrangements/questions were professionally handled by Linda. Highly recommended.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Character
Liked least: Nothing
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Ancaster

Reviewed June 20, 2013 for a stay in August 2012

NH, USA
Reviewed November 10, 2011 for a stay in October 2011

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing