“Wonderful place to stay the night”

and 1 more site!
Georgetown Historic Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Georgetown B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Melvin was awesome. Had a good sleep. We were 2 adults and 2 kids and we had the largest room and it was great. The day was hot but the room was nice and cool. The room was well decorated. Fantastic condition for a building that old.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Georgetown Historic Inn

Reviewed July 23, 2013

The best thing about the Inn is their big breakfast table that you share with fellow travelers. Great idea, good food, great stories to share. Thank you to all the staff and especially the innkeeper Melvin. He was very helpful. The decoration in the room should be updated but the bed was comfortable. We didn't eat here but the menu looks very good.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I have been raving about our visit to the Georgetown Inn to family and friends since our return.
What a friendly, accomodating, comfortable, place to stay on the beautiful Island of PEI. Each floor of the Inn had a patio with a water view of the harbor and lobster boats. The rooms were very clean, comfortable and cozy. What made our stay however beyond the historic building itself, was the staff at the Inn. Mel the manager was amazing. He could not do enough for our group in the friendliest, unassuming, and most professional manner. When the unexpected happened with a bike accident on the trail near the Inn, Mel jumped into action well above and beyond his typical call of duty. Nothing was too much for Mel to make our visit memorable and fabulous. Our meals were lovely and delicious; given the opportunity we would return in a heartbeat. Thanks for a fabulous visit.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Melvin F, Manager at Georgetown Historic Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Thank you so much for your very kind remarks. It was indeed my pleasure to meet you, and to have you stay with us at the Georgetown Inn. I thoroughly enjoyed every minute I spent with you. It is our pleasure to ensure that our guests leave with the best possible experience. I was so glad that I was able to be of assistance when you needed someone. I hope that some day we will meet again and maybe you can return to enjoy more of the Island hospitality. Have a great year!!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Our bike crew really enjoyed our 2 day stay at the Georgetown Historic Inn. Food and drink were exceptional and kudos to Christine for introducing us to Myriad View gin. However, the innkeeper, Melvin, performed above and beyond the call of duty in every conceivable way. He was a gracious and knowledgable host and also responded to every situation (including an accident) with the highest professionalism. You will really enjoy your stay at the GHI and make sure you are ready to party Tuesday night at the local cèilidh.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

All I can say is that it was my pleasure. Working here at the Georgetown Inn allows me the opportunity to meet wonderful people such as yourselves. I am very proud of our facility, and am so glad that you felt that all of your needs were met. I strive with every guest to make sure that every guest knows that they are appreciated, and that there is nothing we will not do to ensure that each guest leaves knowing they were taken care of. I hope you will return again.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is an inn with a heart and that heart is called Melvin. We were greeted by Melvin who immediately made us feel at home. Our room the service the food, everything was perfect. Owners Joel and Dawn were the perfect hosts. Our stay on PEI was made all the more memorable thanks to the Georgetown inn. I haven't yet talked about their food which was absolutely incredible. We would recommend the Georgetown inn to anyone looking for an unforgettable experience.

Room Tip: Depending on your needs they are all great.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

I had a blast with you..... it makes my job at the Georgetown Inn almost perfect when I can meet people such as yourselves. I had a wonderful laugh with you, and enjoyed every minute of it. I hope that you will return to the Inn again, and I will have the opportunity to share another evening on the deck with you. I hope you are well!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We were part of a group of 12 on a bicycling vacation, and had a wonderful 2 night stay at the inn. Upon arrival, Mel, the manager, could not do enough for our group. He greeted us with a delicious fruit cocktail ( just the right thing after a long day on the trail) He helped get us situated, inquired about dining preferences ( of which there were many complicated diets and allergies) Everything was accommodated with ease and a smile. The meals were delicious, and our room was lovely ( I don't remember the name)
The coup de grace of service came when one of our cycling party of 12 was injured on the trail. Mel jumped into action and assisted her with calm and professionalism. He eased the way for her transportation home, and made it possible for the rest of us to resume our trip. I think all of us would consider Mel to be our hero. He was an example of the kindness and helpfulness we encountered all over PEI. I would definitely recommend staying at the Georgetown Inn. ( only I'd skip the injuries)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

A hero I am not, but thank you for those most gracious words. I thoroughly enjoyed every minute with your group. At first, I thought, "oh no, twelve cyclists....I need to make everything right.." but all of you made my job so much more enjoyable. You were all so gracious and so easy to please. I consider it a very big part of my job here at the Georgetown Inn to ensure that each guest receives my undivided attention to detail so that you enjoy the best possible experience. I hope that one day you will return and we can enjoy a few more evenings together. Happy Cycling.....

Reviewed July 13, 2013

The town is lovely and very quiet. The Georgetown Inn is not only about having a place to sleep however. The whole experience was exceptional. The hosts are friendly, knowledgable of things to do, and the food is worth the trip alone. Take our advice, make the time to stay at the Georgetown Inn and see for yourselves.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Captain's Room which had a deck and view of the harbour . Well worth the money.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Georgetown
Rodd Crowbush Golf & Beach Resort
Johnson Shore Inn
Johnson Shore Inn
#1 of 1 in Hermanville
Lanes Riverhouse Inn & Cottages

Been to Georgetown Historic Inn? Share your experiences!