“Awesome”

Ranked #1 of 1 Georgetown B&B and Inns
Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
“Awesome”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is an inn with a heart and that heart is called Melvin. We were greeted by Melvin who immediately made us feel at home. Our room the service the food, everything was perfect. Owners Joel and Dawn were the perfect hosts. Our stay on PEI was made all the more memorable thanks to the Georgetown inn. I haven't yet talked about their food which was absolutely incredible. We would recommend the Georgetown inn to anyone looking for an unforgettable experience.

Room Tip: Depending on your needs they are all great.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Melvin F, Manager at Georgetown Historic Inn, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
I had a blast with you..... it makes my job at the Georgetown Inn almost perfect when I can meet people such as yourselves. I had a wonderful laugh with you, and enjoyed every minute of it. I hope that you will return to the Inn again, and I will have the opportunity to share another evening on the deck with you. I hope you are well!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We were part of a group of 12 on a bicycling vacation, and had a wonderful 2 night stay at the inn. Upon arrival, Mel, the manager, could not do enough for our group. He greeted us with a delicious fruit cocktail ( just the right thing after a long day on the trail) He helped get us situated, inquired about dining preferences ( of which there were many complicated diets and allergies) Everything was accommodated with ease and a smile. The meals were delicious, and our room was lovely ( I don't remember the name)
The coup de grace of service came when one of our cycling party of 12 was injured on the trail. Mel jumped into action and assisted her with calm and professionalism. He eased the way for her transportation home, and made it possible for the rest of us to resume our trip. I think all of us would consider Mel to be our hero. He was an example of the kindness and helpfulness we encountered all over PEI. I would definitely recommend staying at the Georgetown Inn. ( only I'd skip the injuries)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
A hero I am not, but thank you for those most gracious words. I thoroughly enjoyed every minute with your group. At first, I thought, "oh no, twelve cyclists....I need to make everything right.." but all of you made my job so much more enjoyable. You were all so gracious and so easy to please. I consider it a very big part of my job here at the Georgetown Inn to ensure that each guest receives my undivided attention to detail so that you enjoy the best possible experience. I hope that one day you will return and we can enjoy a few more evenings together. Happy Cycling.....
Sherwood Park, Canada
Reviewed July 13, 2013

The town is lovely and very quiet. The Georgetown Inn is not only about having a place to sleep however. The whole experience was exceptional. The hosts are friendly, knowledgable of things to do, and the food is worth the trip alone. Take our advice, make the time to stay at the Georgetown Inn and see for yourselves.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Captain's Room which had a deck and view of the harbour . Well worth the money.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed July 10, 2013

As soon as we arrived, Melvin greeted us warmly.

We were in the Sunflower Room. It was cozy and clean, but the best thing about this bead & breakfast is not the room, it's the experience.

We went to the restaurant at dinnertime and we didn't regret it. The food was excellent and they have a wide selection of cocktails, beers and wine a lot of which are from Prince Edward Island. We also liked that the chef herself comes to the table to tell us more about the food.

We slept very well, the bed was comfortable and the inn was quiet.

Last but not least, the breakfast was very interesting. Since everybody eats together at the same table, we were scared at first that it would be awkward, but, to our surprise, everybody was so nice and they all had stories about their vacation adventures to tell.

All in all, we were very happy with our stay at the Georgetown Inn and we hope to go back there someday.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Thanks for the wonderful stay in your beautiful building! The northern room was lovely--nice to have a fan to cool the room during our time here. Loved the breakfast too! The chocolate banana French toast was delicious!

• Stayed July 2013
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in for a quick dinner. The menu was creative and well-executed. Even the vegetarian option I tried was satisfying and tasty. The staff and chefs clearly took pride in the food and the dining experience. It was great that they made it a priority to make everything they could (right down to the iced tea) in house, and are supplied by local farmers and food producers.

• Stayed July 2013
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Stayed 2 nights. There's no need for an alarm clock as Melvin the inkeeper starts every day talking loud and long. Rooms were spotless. Banana bread french toast was only available for 1 guest on 1st morning, they ran out after 1 serving. Bacon was only available for 1 guest on second morning, they ran out after 1 serving. No orange juice or grapefruit juice was avalable for either breakfasts.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Georgetown
Rodd Crowbush Golf & Beach Resort
#1 of 3 in Morell
Singing Sands Inn
Singing Sands Inn
#3 of 3 in Souris

Been to Georgetown Historic Inn? Share your experiences!