The Maroon Pig Art Gallery and Sweet Shop
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Georgetown
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Apple Cinnemon carmal bun was amazing. Cool little place. Its a must see.
Neat art and friendly owners.
Carmals were good too.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

My biking friend and I heard that Stacy Toms the owner of The Maroon Pig had a special on her Seafood Chowder. We have been comparing the Seafood Chowder at all the restaurants we visit over the summer on PEI and we had some good ones. We got our chowder and it was served with two biscuits and butter. I have to say that Wayne and I totally enjoyed the meal. This was one of the best chowder that we encountered on our travels and the price at just $6.00 a meal hasn't been beat. Way to go Stacy!!!

2  Thank Bob T
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My wife and I popped in for a quick snack and I must say that the cinnamon bun I had was one of the best I've ever bought!

5  Thank KaleSaintJohn_Canada
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We stumbled upon this during a rainy day's outing in late August when the town appeared dead, or at least comatose.

It is a cute little spot. The gallery bit is a matter of personal taste, but it did give the cafe ambiance. The star of the cafe are the pastries, which are baked fresh and generously portioned. The proprietor was friendly.

My SO has a well-developed sweet tooth, and he loved his date square, as well as my butterscotch square. The blondie with espresso which the other of us had was probably my favourite, because it wasn't as sweet. We graded it as excellent, keeping in mind what it is and offers -- i.e., we're not talking Paris-level patisserie here.

All in all, worth a stop! And take the time to walk down to the wharf. It's interesting there, especially on a grey day.

1  Thank venice18
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We recently had a road trip along the East Coast and our last stop was a cottage not far from Georgetown. One day we decided to bike around the small town and were directed to a place called the Maroon Pig which we were told is a superb bakery with lunch specials and it's also an art gallery. There we met Stacey, one of the owners of this restaurant. We are not usually a big fan of cabbage rolls but decided to take a chance and try them...they were delicious! We then tried one of their brownies and boy were they good! They were moist, and fudge-y, chocolatey and delicious! These brownies were so good (and very very decently sized)that we had one every day of our 7 day stay! We even got a fresh batch of brownies for the trip back! Stacey was a very friendly and charismatic lady who always greeted us with a smile and a fresh pot of coffee! If you are ever around Georgetown, this is a place where you have to stop!

1  Thank LINCALYALL