Rodd Brudenell River Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Inn at St. Peters(Saint Peters Bay)
Very Good 4/5
  • Free Internet
Average 3/5
Average 3/5
Delta Hotels Prince Edward(Charlottetown)
  • Pool
The Great George(Charlottetown)
Excellent 5/5
The Holman Grand Hotel(Charlottetown)
  • Pool
All reviewsgolf courserodd brudenellthe cottagesgreat golfindoor poolwest wingbeautiful spotplaying golffamily vacationpro shopbeautiful groundsoff seasontwo coursesminute drivepractice areapool sideringette tournament
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 14, 2013

If you stay at the Rodd Brudenell, you will probably have a relativly good stay. I did in September with the exception of a 'Special Roastbeef Dinner' that was terrible. But all in all, a good hotel.
Then came the time to pay.
After settling my account and leaving, to my surprise, the next month, I was billed an extra $100,00 since they had forgotten how to add some tax or some other nebulous non-customer incurred charge.
Now comes the good one. 4 months after my return, I am informed that they have made another mistrake and that I now owe another $145.00 + because the last day's game was not in the package even though we were told it was. So pay up.
Now I am not talking about 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month. No. I am talking 4 months later.
To all you accountants, if you want a job, go to Brudenell. Anything is better than what they currently have.
How sad that a hotel that thrives on groups and golf and tourism can't get their act together and provide theirclients of a smallish group with the right billing. I doubt very much if complaints would have been made had the approprite charges been made at check-out time, but no they were discovered 4 months later.
Are you kidding me.
If you want monetary surprises after your stay - Stay at Brudenell.
Enough said

3  Thank Dumos
Tim A, General Manager at Rodd Brudenell River Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Thank you for your comments. I was made aware of the situation as you have explained and have spoken to all departments with regard to the importance of getting the charges in a timely manner. I want to apologize for your experiences at our resort and we ensuring that your experiences are not duplicated again.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

We recently stayed at this resort for a wedding, and being from PEI, and only living about 15 minutes away from it, so we never really thought about the resort and what it would be like, or every staying at it.
What a beautiful resort…… the grounds are keep absolutely perfect, the staff is super friendly and the rooms are clean. We were sitting on the deck of our room that evening and we looked one way, and we seen the landscape of the golf course, we looked the other way, and the seen the brudenell river and the marina all lit up with the boats… it was such an amazing view.
The food at the reception was delicious, and the service was great.
There are so many things to do on this resort as well at the brudenell campground that is also located o the grounds walking distance away.
You would never be disappointed by staying at this resort, highly recommended.

Room Tip: rooms in the "west wing" are newer/renovated
1  Thank TAWNIAE E
Tim A, General Manager at Rodd Brudenell River Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I will share your comments with our entire team. Thank you once again for your comments

Reviewed October 25, 2012

And yet still we had a great time at this resort for our family reunion. The staff were incredibly accommodating, flexible, human, and nice.

example: the pool and hot tub closes at 10pm, several times my husband and I were allowed to use it at midnight for a romantic get away, and we did not abuse the privilege by making any noise.

example: After an unanticipated large expenditure on auto repairs, the front desk staff very kindly offered me a discount on the remainder of my stay when I tried to checkout early (we were thinking campground at that point).

example: There was a miscommunication between the folks on the Rodd 800 reservation line and the actual hotel- I was told by phone that the resort accepts Discover, my only credit card, but at checkout time, discovered that this property in fact did not. The hotel allowed me to leave and pay by check after I had returned home.( I had not brought my checkbook to Canada). They said they were planning on accepting Discover in the future....

The cabins are gorgeous and the way to go if you can afford it.

Lots to do- kayaking, fishing, canoeing, nice areas for running, my 21 year old son went sailing with some total strangers who offered him crew rights, swimming, hiking, tennis ( they give you balls and rackets, even). 20 minutes to beautiful PEI beaches.

On the down side- the resort is remote. There is one 'casual' dining location and it is not cheap. We would have been better off getting a cabin and buying food... in general, we experienced repeated sticker shock at the prices of food in Canada.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Tim A, General Manager at Rodd Brudenell River Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Thank you for your Review of our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and I will be sure to share your comments with our entire management team. Once again thank you for taking the time to complete the review.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I recently spent one night at the Rodd Brudnell River for a business conference. It is located on the east side of PEI at a picturesque location. The room was comfortable, quiet and clean and the food was very good. The conference room facilities were suitable for our needs. They also have a nice golf course (unfortunately, I didn't have the time to play a round). The only suggestion for improvement is to ensure the water pitchers are kept full on the conference room tables.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Tim A, General Manager at Rodd Brudenell River Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our facility. Your comments will be shared with our entire team. Thank you once again.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

You nearly can't go wrong at Brudenell.
This trip, we stayed in the newer cabins at the reort. Very spaceous, comfortable, well apointed, quiet and clean. The staff was extremely fast in responding to any request. The breakfasts were very good and the service excellent.
Through no fault of the resort, the first day, the golf was unavalable due to severe weather, but subsequently, both Brudenell and especially Dundarave were just superb tracks, demanding and long. The scenery was beautiful and the courses manicured.
The only hang-up to a wonderful stay was the extra paid for a Prime Roast supper that was nothing more than a re-heated, overcooked, piece of roast beef. The slices were much too thin and cooked throughout out. Leather sole was not far from a good description. Not impressed by this ''Special'' meal that was $30,00 additional to the package offered. Not only was the food mediocre, but the extra left a bad taste. Stick with the program and forget the add-ons.
All in all, however, this resort is a great value and worth the travel, because the remainder of the Province will make you forget any slight mishaps that may have occurred at Brudenell.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Thank You for your comments. We take great pride in our facility and I will ensure that your comments are reviewed by our entire team. Thank you once again for taking the time to write your review.