I just can never understand why it is that the Atlantic provinces have such a hard time doing things right. This reosrt had all the makings of a really nice family vacation spot...it just did so many things wrong that we found it beyond frustrating:
1) The "gourmet" restuarant "Stillwaters" was just simply awful. The food was worse than anything I have experienced in an awfully long time...and with kids....we eat at some pretty sad spots. I cannot urge this enough....don't waste your money on this place.
2) They have an outdoor pool and the wep page claims to have a pool bar. Ohhh...they have a pool bar alright...but it NEVER opens ( I asked the manager). So here we were...beautiful hot weather out wishing for a nice cold drink, but it's virtually inaccessible ( you have to order via phone all the way to the club house and they deliver it via golf cart. Absolutely Mickey Mouse!
3) The outdoor pool is a bloody ice bucket....
4) We rented a "echelon" cottage which sleeps 6. We were there with another couple along with our 2 daugters. They only have 2 lounge chairs set up outside! Doesn't take much to figure they should supply a few more chairs. And...why isn't there a fire pit at a cottage?
5) The other restaurantt "club 19" barely passes as a pub.
Bottom line is that this "resort" is well kept and has great potential...but the food and service is an epic fail. The place needs a giant overhaul and some massive improvements in attention to detail.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rodd Brudenell River Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rodd Brudenell River Hotel Georgetown
- Rodd Brudenell River Cardigan
- Rodd Brudenell River Resort Georgetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada