“Executive Cottage”
Review of DeRoma Cottages

DeRoma Cottages
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Georgetown
DeRoma Cottages
Truro, Canada
“Executive Cottage”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Our Ball Team travelled to PEI for a tournament and we rented the executive 3 bedroom cottage initially because we were supposed to have more travellers with us. The cottage itself was lovely
but lacked in the hygiene department. There was wet dirty towels hanging in the bathroom, there was significant dust and dirt under the kitchen table, beds and sofa. There also appeared to be sand in our bed so we stripped the bed on our first night there. The cottage was really nice so it was a shame that it was not as clean as I would like it to have been. I heard from the other team members that their cottages were small and cramped. One mom spent a lot of time cleaning her cottage when she arrived and was really upset because there was toenails on the floor.

Room Tip: If you are going to spend anytime in the cottage I would pay the extra money for the executive chale...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank PANDK1993

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Montreal, QC
Reviewed June 30, 2010

Is there anything better than getting to your cottage, sitting on the deck, and looking at the water?

My husband, one year old, and I stayed at these cottages at the recommendation of my Mother in Law and we were very pleasantly surprised with the quality and comfort.

Our three bedroom cottage (#6) was just up the hill from a large grassy play area and the tidal beach on the Brudnell River. It had all we needed for a weeks stay including Sattelite TV (for the cold buggy evenings), all dishes and kitchen tools and PILES of big fluffy towels.

PLUS:
The water pressure in the shower was SO good. Not the trickle of water I'd expect for a cottage.
Very close (long walking distance) to Georgetown.
The owners were always going around cleaning up the place, cutting the grass, and generally being awesome.
Lots of play area for little kids including swings, sand boxes with toys, and basketball.
Clam digging
On-site laundry facilities on an honour system ($1 to wash, $2 to dry). Plus laundry lines at each cottage.
I'm told there is WIFI but we didn't bring our laptop so I can't comment on that.

MINUS:
It was very buggy at night, but that's just PEI in June!
Evidence of Carpenter ants in our wall, but the Owner was made aware and he is going to deal with it.

I'm sure there is a lot of other good stuff I could tell, but I can't remember.
All in all a great place to stay and a great base from which to tour PEI.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
6 Thank kowy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Georgetown
Rodd Crowbush Golf & Beach Resort
#3 of 3 in Souris
Georgetown Historic Inn
Georgetown Historic Inn
#1 of 1 in Georgetown

Been to DeRoma Cottages? Share your experiences!