“The best boat BBQ adventure!”

Tranquility Cove Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: We are located right at the fisherman docks on the left hand side coming down to the docks, you will see a small set of docks on the left, we will be tied up their. Our 45 footer has a large green canopy, the vessels name is Tranquility 2000. Hoping to see you on the sea,cheers Perry
Montreal, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best boat BBQ adventure!”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Perry and his crewman are simply fantastic hosts! The boat is extra clean and comfortable. So pleasant! It was a beautiful autumnal day, but any day would have been great with Perry! We headed off for mackerel fishing, so we could get lunch! What a great activity: fun guaranteed! Perry and his crewman explained lobster and crab fishing, as well as mussels farming. Dollars well spent. Next time, clam digging for sure! Thank you Perry for your hospitality. Hug to Ruddy the dog :). See you at clam digging one of these days. Keep showing your love for the sea.

A must for any visit to PEI! DO NOT MISS IT!

Oh! And If you have time, have a stroll to the maroon pig near by the docks for a coffee and treat.

1 Thank IsabelleEdward

Lochgelly, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great day on tbe water”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Perry
Thanks for the day out, yourself and Art made this a wonderful trip. Carol from Scotland had never done this type of trip and was unsure of what to expect. Her fears where washed away from the second we stepped on board you vessel. The boat was clean tidy and was well equipped. The snacks and the comfy chairs where a great surprise. Your explanation of your trade and life style where Great. Also I won our personal fishing competition. Thanks. My oh regret I missed the chance to do the clam dive. One to return for?

1 Thank zetdoug
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“No wonder they have 5 stars!!”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

My fiancé and I arrived on PEI the day before we were supposed to go clam digging with Tranquility Cove Adventures, and the weather was terrible! It was rainy and cold, which according to the Islanders that we met wasn't typical of early September. We arrived at the wharf for the excursion at 8am, and it was very chilly! I was bundled up in a heavy fleece sweater, with mittens on my hands and a headband over my ears. It was no surprise when Perry told us that it was just too cold to go out clam digging. I hadn't left him a contact number, so he had no way of reaching us before. Though we understood why the excursion was cancelled (if it was that cold out of the water, I couldn't imagine actually getting into the water even with a wet suit on), we were still very disappointed since this was what my fiancé was most looking forward to during our trip. We asked if there was any room for us on the Deep Sea Fishing excursion, but we were only in the Georgetown area for 2 nights and Perry was fully booked the whole tme. Perry was very sympathetic, and made suggestions of other things we could do that day. We couldn't be upset with him since he had no control over the weather. He took down our number and said he would call us immediately if he had any cancellations over the next 2 days.

Not even an hour later, the phone rang and Perry had a cancellation for the following day for Deep Sea Fishing! Our spirits were lifted!

We got on the boat at 10am, and it was BEAUTIFUL! The boat was absolutely spotless! As soon we boarded with our muddy shoes, Lucas (part of Perry's crew) was mopping up the foot prints. The weather was still cool but not uncomfortable like it had been the day before. Part of the boat had a transparent plastic covering the "lounge area" which kept us warm, but it was also nice to feel the wind in our hair on the uncovered part.

We were offered fresh fruit, granola bars and cold drinks which made us feel welcome. We drove out for about 20 minutes, the Lucas and Chanel prepared and baited our fishing poles. Perry had mentioned that the fish are sometimes scarce after poor weather, and he was worried that they might not bite. Not even 5 minutes later, I had my first bite! It took almost all my strength to reel in my first mackerel. Within 10 minutes, I had caught 3 fish! Everyone else's luck wasn't as good so Perry drove us elsewhere. Pretty soon Perry, Chanel and Lucas had to put down their own rods to unhook all the fish we were reeling in! It was very helpful that we didn't have to bait our own rods or unhook the fish, since I had only fished once before in my life. The activity is really tailored for anyone to have a great time!

After 45 minutes of fishing Perry gutted the fish (Lucas and Chanel were quick to mop up every drop of fish guts that happened to fall on the boat floor), and Lucas put them on the BBQ right on the boat! It was honestly the best fish I have had in my life (and I've eaten in several Micheline Star restaurants)! It was so fresh and since it was rinced in sea water it was perfectly seasoned.

We sat in the lounge area as Perry drove us towards the lobster and crab traps and mussel sock were. Lucas pulled them up and taught us a little about each and how they are caught. He even let us hold them! There weren't any seals out that day (likely because of the weather the days before), but we weren't disappointed.

It is really no wonder they have 5 stars. Perry, Lucas and Chanel were wonderful and showed us true Island hospitality. We are looking forward to going back next year, hopefully a little earlier in the season so that we will have a better chance of good weather! This was really the highlight of our trip!

2 Thank SheiMarie
Garson, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Exceeded our expectations!”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

If you are in the area, you must join Perry and his crew for the giant clam digging adventure! My husband and I took our two boys, aged 10 and 14 and enjoyed every minute. We caught several clams and headed to a beautiful beach and while Lucas and Chanel steamed the clams, we walked the beach and searched for sea glass. The clams were delicious! On our way back, we stopped to look at lobster and crab traps and a mussel sock. The kids got to hold both the lobster and crab. Perry and his crew are very good with the kids and have some wonderful stories to tell. I would highly recommend this adventure!

Visited August 2013
Ottawa, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Highlight of our trip to PEI”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband, 9-month-old son and I went clam digging with Perry and his awesome crew. The entire experience was a delight from start to finish. Perry's boat is absolutely immaculate, and every detail was just right, from the comfy chairs to the fresh coffee and cookies.

Clam digging with a baby was far easier than we had expected. First my husband held him in the ocean while I dug for clams, then we switched! Once we had enough clams, the crew boiled them up on the beach and taught us how to clean them. Some people were squeamish at first, but after a little encouragement from Perry and his crew, everyone dug in. The clams were far tastier than I expected, fresh and sweet.

Overall, my husband and I were very pleasantly surprised by the entire tour. It didn't just exceed our expectations, it blew them out of the water!

Visited July 2013