“Love the Clam Dig”

Tranquility Cove Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: We are located right at the fisherman docks on the left hand side coming down to the docks, you will see a small set of docks on the left, we will be tied up their. Our 45 footer has a large green canopy, the vessels name is Tranquility 2000. Hoping to see you on the sea,cheers Perry
Calgary, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Love the Clam Dig”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Thank you Perry, Lucais and Chanel for a wonderful excursion of clam digging and learning about ocean life. I liked clam digging so much and got good at it; I thought of quitting my day job as a librarian. LOL ... But I realized quickly that it's a back breaking endeavour and I can truly appreciate the challenge of doing this day in day out. I'll leave it to the professionals. I was so impressed with their hospitality and how well-equipped they are for these excursions. Hey Folks, I highly recommend you take in one of their excursions; you will be glad that you did. Suggestion for Perry: How about a seaglass adventure ...

Visited July 2013

Ottawa, CANADA
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Incredible Family Time - Perry & Crew are awesome”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Our family of 4 went out on Tuesday (20AUG) for the Big Clam dig and we had an absolute blast. Perry is a very engaging person - both naturally and through practice. He made a point of spending time with each and every guest and his demeanour and that of his crew was all incredibly fun and entertaining.

The boat is immaculately kept. We had a few concerns in our family after a past boating fiasco but the crew and boat put that all behind us. The trip itself is phenomenal - the highlight being (duh!) the clam dig. Perry and crew show you how to do it and the whole group goes out and catches the clams for a nice snack. Perry showed us how to prep a clam and even how to eat them raw (quite tasty).

If you're looking for a memorable experience get out with Perry. Be sure to talk to him about the local fishing scene and how he has been training others around the island to follow in his footsteps (though I doubt they could fill his shoes fully).

An excellent set of memories...

1 Thank darrello
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great Adventure”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

This is a memorable experience, which we would definitely do again. The trip takes about two hours, and includes educational information as well as fishing. The crew is knowledgeable and helpful and cooks a delightful meal right on board from your catch. You get to see crab traps, mussel socks, and lobster pots. The boat is clean, and spacious. The Captain is wonderful. I would highly recommend this trip.

Montreal, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Perfect day of clam digging”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

My husband and I and our teenage daughter just got back from a perfect day of clamming. Perry, Lucais and Chanel couldn't have been more professional or friendly. Perry's boat is beautiful and well equipped with snorkels and masks, wetsuits and water shoes, binoculars for all, complimentary cold drinks (water and juice), fresh fruit and pastries, hot coffee and energy bars as well as books on tying knots, birding and sea glass. There is a washroom and room to change on board as well as lots of comfortable seating in the sun or shade. After a tour of seals bathing on raft, various birds and a view of Panmure Island, we travelled to a deserted island that used to be farmed by Perry's family. After some quick instructions, we were in the water with our snorkels and clam rakes and quickly dug enough clams for lunch. Lucais and Chanel steamed the clams while we explored the Island. On the way home, we stopped to haul up a lobster trap, rock crab trap and mussel sock. Lucais was very patient and knowledgeably answered all our questions. This is very different than digging for smaller clams at low tide and Perry has thought of everything to make this an incredibly special trip. The four hours flew by. We will definitely do this again and I would highly recommend it to anyone visiting PEI.

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“An absolutaly AMAZING day!!”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Perry and his crew, where so good to us. Our two girls have talked about our fishing trip everyday since.
Perry showed us the mussels, crabs and lobsters, so informative..and a great BBQ with all the fish we caught..
Thanks Perry, Riley and Chanel for a great family memory,and we will definately be back the next time we are in PEI..
P.s. Who new a fishing boat could be soooo spotless..