“Dinner Very Good”

Clam Diggers Beach House & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Clam Diggers Beach House & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Georgetown
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: More than just a place to eat, it’s an Island experience. Choose from one of our three restaurant experiences: keep it casual in the Clam Diggers Room, relax in our Beach House, or spoil yourself on our ocean side deck. We feature fresh local seafood and a wide variety of Island fare. All prepared in the classical eastern PEI tradition.
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My wife and I were in the Georgetown area and selected Clam Diggers for dinner. There are actually 2 rooms to choose from: 1. A more classic dinningroom 2. A more casual room with a bar. We decided on the classic dinningroom.
The restaurant is relatively new and decor is on a train station theme. Apparently it is a replica of an old station that was in Georgetown.
We found the service friendly and fast. I had the scallops(pan fried) and they were delish..My wife had the fried clams and wasn't disappointed. In summer, best to make reservations as a large group will take up most of the dinningroom space. A little pricey, but that's PEI in the summer.

There are newer reviews for Clam Diggers Beach House & Restaurant

Reviewed August 3, 2013

We were driving the coastal area and stopped at a location that was closed for lunch but recommended Clam Diggers. So glad we went, just right for our lunch. We ate indoors, it was too windy on the porch. Started by sharing mussels in coconut broth, perfectly done and tasty. Then one order of haddock fish and chips. The haddock batter was light as a feather, the fish very fresh. I enjoyed the ceasar salad with warm scallops. Scallops were medium sized, perfectly seared and plentiful. Dressing came on the side, just as I ordered. The chef and servers were friendly and attentive. No long wait at all. A go to if you are in the area. Our total with tip was about $60, the whole island is kind of pricey.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

We were in the Georgetown area and decided to lunch at Clam Diggers Beach House & Restaurant. We were seated on the deck as per our choice. It was a pleasant surrounding . Our orders were placed at 1300hrs and it was around 1400hrs before we received our food. Those that ordered the fish and chips spoke well of it. I had ordered the seafood chowder. To wait for this amount of time for such simple dishes was not reasonable. The restaurant was not busy at this time. The seafod chowder when received was good and hit the spot. The bread basket was filled with a French Bread slice very thin.

1  Thank Bob T
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I recently had the privilege of coming across this place while touring around the area. It looked interesting so we stopped in for lunch. Well I am a fish and chip lover. And I found the best fish and chips I have had in a very long time. The service was good. We waited probably 15 to 20 min for our food but this is not a fast food restaurant. My fish was lightly battered, very crispy and not oily at all. And the fish. I had haddock and it was a thick filet. Not the kind you scrape off the batter (you know what I mean) You could taste the fish. The chips were as close to homemade, hot and browned and crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. To be expected in PEI I would hope. My husband had the fishermans platter, squid, scallops perfectly cooked and fish. The complete meal was hot and delicious. I look forward to a return visit. We sat inside because the day we were there it was quite windy. Also a few little stores to look around in just within a couple blocks. Great place to stop.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We read the reviews and decided to give it a try. It was a nice day and we sat outside. We had the mussels for starters and they were very good. We had the fish and chips for a main course and it was just ok for me. The fish was a little greasy and I used my napkin to wipe the excess from my fish. The chips did not appear to be the authentic PEI chips we got at other places. We had the bread pudding for dessert and that was good. Our experience was good however our expectations were higher.