“Nice afternoon lunch and drinks on the deck”

Boathouse Country Inn & Tavern
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Rockport
Cuisines: Canadian
Belleville, Canada
“Nice afternoon lunch and drinks on the deck”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Four of us spend a nice afternoon with lunch and drinks on the casual deck at the Boathouse. We ordered fish & chips, caesar salad and the tomato dill soup of the day-all the food was great. We enjoyed watching the boats go by, the tour boats loading and unloading. This is a nice casual spot to visit.

• Turkish first
New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't go here!!!”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The staff is VERY unfriendly!!!

We were visiting Canada and after our boat ride, decided to come and eat at this place. We asked to be seated at a different table with a nice view as soon as the other guests were finished. We noticed that a few other tables had "reserved" signs on them so we didn't even bother asking for those. The table we wanted did not have a reserved sign so we asked the waitress if we can move there. She made an unhappy face but let us. She mentioned someone will come and clean up the table right away for us. Then, a young man (I'm assuming either a waiter or bus boy) comes and tells us that the table is reserved. But really bothered us is the attitude that he said it with!!! SOOOO RUDE!! He pointed at he worst possible table and said "Go sit there!" once again with an attitude and we felt as if he's speaking to a couple of dogs! We just left after that!!
If you don't want to ruin your visit and mood, Don't come here!!! ABSOLUTELY NOT RECOMMENDED!!

1 Thank 414Traveller
Brockville, Canada
“Great Views”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I've been this place many times over the years. I mainly go to this restaurant for the atmosphere and the views of the St. Lawrence River. The staff are always friendly and the food is delivered quickly. We were actually there today to celebrate my Mom's birthday. An item was not mentioned on the menu and when my wife asked for the item - they said they could prepare it for her - which was nice. The food is a little expensive but the view makes up for the price. In this case, it is all about location location location... :) We sat on the patio and enjoyed watching the people and boats pass by. The patio can get a bit cold so I recommend bringing a sweater if you do decide to eat out on the patio. We will definitely be going back again.. but probably not until next year to celebrate another birthday. There were three people in our party... my wife, myself and my Mom...

Visited August 2013
2 Thank May S
Toronto, Canada
“AMAZING”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

from the staff , food view & rooms , i would highly recommend it to anyone. Spent 3 nights &4 days.The cruise was amazing. I would like to say thank you to sara, kelly & the rest of the staff great job and see you again soon.

2 Thank steve s
Toronto, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Will never go back to the Boathouse”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We have gone to the Boathouse many times, love the view. Last time, we arrived at 11:05 and were given the breakfast menu and we asked for coffee. Coffee never arrived and at 11:15 one of the three waitressses standing around came over to take our order and we were told breakfast was over inspite of the fact they had given us the breakfast menu. Apparently, breakfast ended at 11AM, absolutely zero flexibility.Since we had biked from our campsite expecting a very pleasant breakfast as usual, we were very disappointed. As I recall, the previous time, the management was not very friendly either.
Unfortunately, because of the popularity of Rockport, the fact that we won't be back will have very little effect on their business. Next time, I will go the the restaurant mentioned in the previous comment.

1 Thank Doreen R