Don't expect a 5-star resort. Make the most of it, and you may enjoy the getaway - as we did.
Pros: very quiet location. Staff were very friendly. TV (Bell Sat) was good. 1 Canoe, 2 - 2person kayaks, 2-1person kayaks, paddle boat, row boat. Loved being able to take them out at any time. Lots of life jackets.
Cons: food-majority of items (very limited) were frozen. Mediocre at best. Travelzoo advert indicates "2 nights in a Queen Suite with forest or lakeside views". All rooms are forest view - the lake is a 15-min walk away. Central HVAC - no in-room controls. Travelzoo also indicates "1 dinner for 2 guests (reg $80)". How they come up with $80 I'll never know. Most expensive item on menu is $16. Internet was out from storm -Never did get fixed. No Rogers Cell service - Bell - OK. Golf course is - holes 10-18 (under construction). Found hole 1 - long abandoned (along with driving range).
Summary: the resort is definitely not what they advertise. We had to request the room be cleaned. Stained bed sheets still weren't changed. You can use a golf-cart to tour property-depending on who you ask. Has potential (just not right now). There are much better places to stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Benoir Lake, the year-round Nomi Resort & Community is surrounded by forests and hiking trails. Whether you are looking for a place to hike, snow shoe, or cross-country ski you can find an experience that resonates with you. Nomi Resort has a beautiful recreational trail that offers a wide range of activities through a variety of landscapes -rural and wilderness, along greenways, creeks, ponds and roadways. True to its beauty, the trail embodies the vastness of our terrain and the diversity of the property. The resort is an hour's drive away from the Algonquin Park’s East Gate and just 1.9 miles from access to Algonquin’s Highfalls trail, Kingscote Lake and the Haliburton ATV Club’s trails. Known for our amazing specialties, enjoy a tasteful culinary experience in our restaurant, bar/ lounge ‘LANDS850’. The name LANDS850 represents our picturesque 850 acres of land surrounding the resort with our active space of trails, exploring, sporting and the promotion of our restaurant ingredients for daily produce and herbs for our signature dishes - from our land into our kitchen. Enjoy a nice day at the lake and rent a Canoe or Paddle Boat to explore the tranquil beauty of the nearby Benoir Lake. Guests are encouraged to bring fishing gear to use on Nomi Resort's private beach and dock. Nomi Resort & Wellness ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Nomi Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Martinwood Golf And Country Club Resort
- Martinwood Golf & Country Club Hotel Harcourt
- Martinwood Hotel Harcourt
- Nomi Resort Harcourt, Ontario, Canada