“NOT GOOD!”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Burgers were undercooked and greasy. Fries were from a bag and tasteless. Shabby atmosphere. Cocos reflects badly on Grand Bend. Overpriced at any cost. Washrooms were disgusting. Never again. Felt we could not comment to staff as we were guests of friend.

6  Thank Bmg0251

Reviewed July 29, 2013

$8.00 for a 4 sip margarita!!!
We were charged for a steak dinner ($20.99) when my husband only ordered the jerk chicken dinner (which was dry and the jerk spice was only rubbed on right before it was cooked). Luckily I checked the bill.
When I asked for a glass of ice water, I was told that I could only purchase a bottle of water and they didn't have ice water?!!

Cost of lunch was $80.00 for one jerk chicken dinner, chicken finger meal and one drink for everyone (5 in our family, 2 alcoholic drinks, 3 non alcoholic drinks) AND that was after I got the bill changed!!

We have been going to this restaurant for 10 years because our kids used to love it but we will never go back. Where do we take them now? We need a place with a patio and great atmosphere and food.

4  Thank 648lys648
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This was my first time going to grand bend and my friends wanted to show me around. None of us had ever been to Coco's, and the décor had looked pretty interesting so we decided to try it out. The sign had said seat yourself, and we wanted to sit on the patio but it wasn't open to the public. So we sat right near where the waitresses were standing. It took like 20 minutes for our waitress to come ask us for our drinks, which was odd considering there was only one other table being served with three waitresses on the floor. The waitress brought us our drinks, and got our order. It then took them over 50 minutes for our food to get to us. There was still only one other table being served. Once we got our food, it was terrible. The shrimp was burnt and didn't taste like garlic, the poutine was barely cooked, but the burger was mediocre. The waitress's don't seem to have any kind of uniform, which is fine, but the clothing that our server was wearing was skimpy and completely inappropriate. We asked for our food to go, and they handed me my food wrapped in tinfoil. I had asked for a bag/box and they gave me a Hudson's Bay extra-large shopping bag.
Overall, the experience was terrible. The server ignored us, the food was less than appetizing and there's a "chocolate fairy" that steals the customers chocolate.

7  Thank KaeKaee
Reviewed July 29, 2013

For the cost of my meal all I got was a disappointed girlfriend and her roommate wasn't much better. Garbage food, waitress' voice was really annoying and they looked trashy too. Just all around terrible experience.

4  Thank fishflex
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Costco frozen pre-made hamburgers and frozen fries, nothing really looked homemade - just heated up. Looks like it had its day 30 years ago but is dated now - even the music that plays. Ugly decor. Bad service, keep walking ;)

2  Thank ChristinaB42