“Garbage”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 29, 2013

For the cost of my meal all I got was a disappointed girlfriend and her roommate wasn't much better. Garbage food, waitress' voice was really annoying and they looked trashy too. Just all around terrible experience.

4  Thank fishflex

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Costco frozen pre-made hamburgers and frozen fries, nothing really looked homemade - just heated up. Looks like it had its day 30 years ago but is dated now - even the music that plays. Ugly decor. Bad service, keep walking ;)

2  Thank ChristinaB42
Reviewed July 23, 2013

After my last review of Coco's in which I gave it an average rating, the owner of the place sent me a message through TripAdvisor telling me, "could not give a flying *** about your patronage stay the *** away !!!"

So I began to wonder if I had misjudged the place and sent him a message back saying that perhaps I was wrong and that I would return in the next few weeks to see if I had been too harsh.

The bar itself has experienced a bit of an upturn since there has been an internet reality show based on it. The show itself is very much like the "Jersey Shore" type reality show and I have watched it and it was interesting. Obviously good PR for the bar and the town in general. However, the action the show portrays really only seems to happen on long holiday weekends because it's not nearly as packed during the week. So if you're going to show up looking for this awesome bar scene, or party time, wait until that long weekend with the right weather. Otherwise you'll get there, look around, and wonder if you missed the party.

I arrived at Coco's later in the day and was seated by a friendly hostess and ordered a burger, fries and a drink. I asked to sit on the patio and they put me right up front to watch the sidewalk and people go by.

In my previous review I had rated the service very good and I will continue with that as the hostess was friendly and my server was also friendly and quite chatty. Since I was relaxing and people watching I don't think I was left alone for too lengthy a time period. Again, it wasn't super busy either so maybe she had the time to check in with me. I did not say I was here to review the place so I don't think she had any other motive but to actually be a good server. I stand by my previous review of very good with the service. I have read some people say that they did not get this but perhaps it was just a busier time when they were there.

I ordered a drink and my server brought it right away. Great start!

The food. Well, the fries were ok. I like them a bit crispy and asked for them that way by keeping them in the deep fryer longer. The server said she would tell them. They arrived and I don't think they were but they were certainly cooked and like fries you might get elsewhere on the strip, with the possible exception of the portion being a little on the shy side. Again, my server brought me condiments with the order and with the right toppings, any fries are good fries I always say. It did take a little longer than I expected but I told myself maybe because they were keeping them in the deep fryer longer?

The burger was average. It looked big but the actual patty was far smaller than the bun. No extra toppings though. Just a lettuce leaf. Again, a lot of condiments can make up for stuff like this. I'm not super picky.

Either way, the server checked in with me to let me know she did not forget me and check on my drink needs so I was ok. Again, I will go with average on the food for this visit.

Value. Food on the strip in Grand Bend is a little pricey. It's simply because the costs of owning/running an establishment there is higher. The costs of the drinks and food I got were pretty much in line with other places. Of course I was not expecting anything of a 5 star quality either. So I will go with average on the value this time as well.

I wanted to up the atmosphere from average to very good as I enjoyed people watching from the patio. It wasn't a super busy time of day but there were a fair amount of people walking the sidewalk and the conversations and interactions were fun to watch. Also, there was no music blasting. There was music, just not so loud you can't think.

Then I used the men's room on the way out and wish I had not. Wow...I am just hoping that they had not gotten around to cleaning it up 'cause it looked terrible in there. If you had to use a toilet, good luck, it was not usable. I'll leave it at that.

So there you have it. If you're looking for some food and a drink, it's an ok place to go get some. Don't expect to be wowed by the food or huge portions but you'll get some ok grub to hold you over.

5  Thank DougNemeth
Reviewed July 22, 2013

A groups of friends and I after a day at the beach decided to go to dinner here, since the outside looked appealing, However this restaurant has to be the worst place I have ever been, for these reasons;
1) servers who could not remember drink or meal orders, and leaving customers unattended
2) when we received our food, the burgers were burnt, chicken was dry the steak which was supposed to be well done was still rare and bleeding on the inside! As well when we asked for BBQ sauce on the side we were given a plastic container of ketchup.
3) when leaving we asked for our food to go, we were given a piece of TIN FOIL and told to wrap our salad up and stick it in a brown paper bag.
The food and service was terrible! Along with the flies flying around our food, the chef and waitresses openly arguing at each other makes me wonder how this place can still be open?.
I highly recommend avoiding this restaurant completely on your next visit!

4  Thank Foodie-Xee
Reviewed July 20, 2013

If you are hoping to talk to the person next to you over your meal/drink, this is not the place to go! The music was ridiculously loud and the service was terrible!! We waited 45 min for our meal and another 15 min for our bill. Not to mention the food was nothing special. Definitely not dining here again!!

5  Thank Shan7331