“Comfortable and convenient stay”

Pine Dale Motor Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Grand Bend
Toronto, Canada
“Comfortable and convenient stay”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I stayed at Pine Dale Motor Inn during the Canada Day (July 1) long weekend for two nights. It was a very pleasant and comfortable stay. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. Our room was your typical room at an inn - equipped with a refrigerator and a TV. The inn also has a pool and spaces to barbecue. It a 15 min walk to the beach and the Main street of Grand Bend. At your convenience, a grocery store is right across the street and so is the LCBO.

I was pleasantly surprised that despite it being a long weekend, the inn was quiet even though it was completely full. I was expecting rowdy kids but got none of that. Instead, guests were a good mix of quiet families and friends.

The only additional thing I wish the inn had was complimentary breakfast. Other than that, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Sasha B
Pine Dale M, Public Relations Manager at Pine Dale Motor Inn, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
We're glad you enjoyed your stay! We're taking your suggestion of a complimentary breakfast into consideration.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Guelph, Canada
Reviewed June 23, 2014

We visited the Pine Dale Motor Inn for a second time and were again impressed by the friendly staff, pleasant grounds and comfortable beds. Our room contained two double beds, a flat screen TV, a small refrigerator, microwave and a coffee maker. A tea towel, dishcloth and cleaning cloths were also supplied. The shower provided lots of hot water from new plumbing. The room was spacious, with a fresh paint job, new carpet and efficient air conditioner, but could have used a small table in addition to the desk.

We were very comfortable, but when attempting to make coffee we had to unplug the microwave and set the coffee maker on it because there was no electrical outlet available near the coffee maker. One power bar would have solved this problem. The picnic tables, gazebo and lovely grounds make this an excellent location at which to eat and stroll. With another power outlet or two it would rate 5 stars!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Redfox-7
Pine Dale M, Public Relations Manager at Pine Dale Motor Inn, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Thank you for your lovely review, we will take your suggestions into consideration. Hope to see you again soon.
Ottawa, Ontario
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Motel was within walking distamce of grocery store, LCBO and restaurants. We were on motor bike trip. They provided cloths for cleaning bikes. Rooms basic, dark, hated brown comforters. Wondered what was hiding in them.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing us for your accommodations. Rest assured our bedding is washed regularly upon departure of our guests. Hope this helps you rest easy and we hope to see you again soon.
Hamilton
Reviewed June 16, 2014

This past week we were in town for my grandfather's funeral. All of my family had to travel and needed a place to stay. Admittedly, my grandmother and mother booked us another hotel first, but after a less than favourable interaction before even checking in, we needed to change our plans. The funeral home director contacted Pine Dale Motor Inn on our behalf. We needed two rooms for one night and 5, possibly 6 rooms for the second night. Our challenge was having the hotel save the additional room until we knew for sure If it was needed or not.

The wonderful lady at the front desk (I regret now not getting her name) was fantastic! She immediately confirmed that she could accommodate all of us and hold the additional room.

My sister and I were the last to check in, but everything was ready for us, including a pleasant smile and comforting words upon our arrival. Since were we arriving after dinner, she advised they would keep the pool open later than normal to allow our son time to enjoy that. Fantastic!!! He was thrilled!! Morning wake-up calls were also organized for our large group.

The rooms and buildings were clean and well maintained. The yard and gardens were wonderful, I am just sorry we could have not stayed longer to enjoy them.

The staff at this Inn were a shining light in an otherwise dull time in our lives. Thank you for taking some of the stress off my mom and grandmother at a time when they had other things to worry about.

Sincerely, Patricia Bryk and the Entire Hopkins Clan

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Delicia1973
We're glad we could be assistance at such a dark time. Hopefully the next time we see you it will be at a better time. It was a pleasure meeting all of you.
Simcoe, Canada
Reviewed May 25, 2014

I had the pleasure of staying for three days in one of the drive up rooms, it was clean, quiet and had what I needed for my stay. The cleaning staff were very friendly even helped me help a friend in the area that needed medical attention, she took time out of here schedule to assist me with information to help my friend. I enjoyed the hot tub and salt water pool at the end of my days, after hiking, biking and kayaking the Pinery Provincial Park, which they lent me their seasonal pass, provided me with the enjoyment I was seeking in their town. The location was perfect close to the park, and the beach I could bike to as well as a grocery store across the street, with places in walking distance for meals. Met with early morning smiles, and personalized greetings which made you feel right at home. I would definitely recommend a stay here and will come back again myself in the future.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Lorrie239
Pine Dale M, Public Relations Manager at Pine Dale Motor Inn, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
We're so glad you enjoyed your stay! Our amenties are something we're very proud of. We hope to see you again soon!
Kingsville, Canada
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I had a good experience here. Went on a winter trip cross country skiing in the Pinery. I had a clean comfortable room for an OK price. Friendly and helpful staff. Overall a good getaway. I would recommend this as a place to stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Mark V
Pine Dale M, Public Relations Manager at Pine Dale Motor Inn, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
We're so glad you enjoyed your stay. Feel free to visit again any time!
Grand Bend, Canada
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Had a very lovely time at Pinedale Motor Inn.Rooms clean and Mary Jo and Staff were very helpful in making sure we enjoy our Wedding.It turned out just as we had hoped for.Thanks for all your help that day.Taking a lovely pic of us was a special touch we enjoyed too thanks again Deb and Tom T.

Room Tip: Restaurant not far and lots to do and see enjoyed.