“Love the pool”

Pine Dale Motor Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Grand Bend
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I had to change motels with no notice and had read the good reviews about Pine Dale on trip advisor so I took a chance.
The staff were very welcoming most especially Mary Jo. I had read others comments about how they treat you like family and I think in part it's because they have such a relaxed approach to their guests without losing their professionalism.

I always try and stay at places with pools as I love to swim and was very impressed with the beautiful saltwater pool and hot tub.
The rooms are very clean and well presented although I would not want to have a room right next to the pool as the noise does travel fairly easily.
The other small complaint is that the chemical/chlorine smell from the pool is fairly strong ...........I was on the second floor facing the front of the building and put towels down at the base of my door to block the smell while I slept.
A caveat to this is that I am very hyper sensitive to any odors/fragrances so this may be a non issue with most.
The other issue I had........small one again was that they didn't have black out curtains so I ended up placing a blanket over the window as it was much too bright in the early am with just the regular curtains.
The grounds are very beautifully landscaped and I always took a book with me to the back lawn and layed out on their lounger to sun/read. They also have a beautiful gazebo and nice comfy chairs in their back lawn area.

Overall this was a very enjoyable stay for me and will definitely stay there again when in Grand Bend

Room Tip: Eat at Aunt Gussies just up the road from the motel. Great food and service.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank hatthead2011
Pine Dale M, Public Relations Manager at Pine Dale Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

It was a pleasure meeting your family! We're glad you enjoyed your stay, come visit again any time!

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I had the privilege of staying here for a couple of weeks. You might think this is long, however, I would have stayed longer if time had allowed. I want to thank the Snopko's for providing me a memorable experience during my stay. I honestly felt like I was adopted, no joking. The facility is spacious, clean, and surrounded by lots of trees as the name states. Close to the main attractions such as the beaches and market. I was surprised how much there was to see. I have to say however, it was the warm welcome and a sense of belonging there that really meant something to me. I looked forward to seeing my hosts everyday, and I felt they did as well. I highly recommend guests to stay here when visiting Grand Bend. I like to finish by thanking my everyone who I met during my stay. I am looking forward to seeing you guys again! Oh ya, thanks Monique!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Tomopt

We're glad you felt like part of the family! Feel free to visit again any time (we're open year round). Thank you for your kind words.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Everything starts here with a warm welcome, a welcome where it makes you feel as part of the family. Not just a guest with a room number, from the very first moment you feel like you home. Besides the beautiful landscape around the hotel, the hotel it self is build in an old German style and is not a building created with concrete where you get the feeling of entering an office complex. The rooms are nicely furnished and very clean. The nice thing also is the indoor pool, where you can have some nice relaxation after a busy day. And i couldn't say that anything has been forgotten, from TV in your room, to internet service and of course as mentioned earlier the swimming pool, everything is in place.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank charliejosef

We're glad you felt welcome here! We hope to see you again someday soon.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

beautiful people, beautiful landscape and a awesome lovely room. close to all amenities and no vehicle needed. i stayed their myself alone and it was quiet and peaceful ,others brought their families and i could tell they were also "wowed" by the heavenly presents

Room Tip: the back near the park is where i stayed away from the main road
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank justin013

That's such a lovely thing to say! We're glad you enjoyed your visit, please visit again soon.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I have been a "regular" at the Pinedale for over a decade...as sometimes the cottage is rented.

It is close to everything required: food and drinks and walking distance to most restaurants.
You do want to perhaps drive to the beach if you have kids...but as I do not- I walk.

It is a clean, friendly, family oriented atmosphere. The family that runs it takes good care of you- and you can feel safe travelling alone. Why worry?
You are in the Bend.... take your watch off and hopefully lose the computer.

The salt water pool is great- if the lake is cold...or you are just not in the mood to walk.

There is no shortage of things to do in the Bend...white sand, great surf and a clean and comfy space to call home- for as long as you book it.
FYI= book well in advance for long weekends.

I might see you meandering about...who knows...if the cottage is rented? Enjoy!

Room Tip: Rooms in the main hotel- are quieter at the rear or the motel in the back. The motel is a little mor...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Designergirlaz13

We're glad you feel at home here and have fond memories of your time with us. Feel free to stop in any time of year, the fall is also a lovely time to visit.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Our family of 4 stayed at the Pine Dale while attending a youth hockey tournament in the area. The motel was clean throughout and the staff went out of their way to be friendly and accommodating.

The location is convenient with a grocery, pizza place and diner within a 1 minute walk. There are also ample hiking trails around that lead down the river and eventually to Lake Huron.

The pool area and game room were perfect for keeping the kids occupied throughout the evening.

Although clean and comfortable, our room was quite dated and in desperate need of some upgrades. The palm tree mural painted on our wall is a little questionable in a place that is often frozen and snow covered.

All in all, I would definitely recommend this to other families traveling in the area.

Room Tip: The main building has hotel style rooms with interior corridors that connect directly to the pool, g...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank amjs13501

We loved having the teams stay here, it brought a lot of excitement waiting to hear who won. Feel free to stay here as a summer holiday as well, we'd love to see you again!

Reviewed December 22, 2012

Came here for our anniversary. The Pine Dale suite was beautiful. Room had a fireplace, Jacuzzi tub and a huge walk-in shower. Room was clean and there were lots of extra towels. Beautiful landscape even for the winter time. Well maintained exterior, walkways were salted or cleared even after the winter storm that happened. We loved the indoor salt water pool, it doesn't sting your eyes like most pools. Hot tub was the perfect temperature. Lots of restrooms and a bar available. We would definitely come back again. They even have pet friendly rooms so you don't have to leave your loved ones at home.

Room Tip: motel (outside) rooms are larger. hotel (inside) rooms are closer to the pool good for winter time.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Oliver J

Thank you for celebrating your milestone in our facility, we're glad you liked the pool and relaxation it offers. Feel free to come visit again any time of year.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Grand Bend
#2 of 11 in Grand Bend
Amber Hotel
Amber Hotel
#7 of 8 in Grand Bend

Been to Pine Dale Motor Inn? Share your experiences!